Pages: Prev 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2010.06 - Creature Feature  (Read 213160 times)
warpcrab
Gloom Cookie

Cybernetically Enhanced Alien Mutant Crab

« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2010, 05:32:45 PM »

I really don't play the Vampire characters, but that does not stop me from being in awe of these outfits that you made, NathanialRoyale. Wow. They look really good.
Cynarra
Gutter Punk

« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2010, 08:11:46 PM »

I love those alien blushes Nymphy and the vampire defaults NathanialRoyale!
CuriousB
Recreational Spreadsheet User
Macabre Miscreant

24-Hour Scientific Services

« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2010, 02:33:48 PM »

Pyxis, those eye overlays are all sorts of brilliant! Cool

Nymphy, the skins are really wonderful - I've been looking forward to you releasing them - and the blushes will be great fun to try out with different skintones!

And thank you for the splendid defaults, Nathanial - I've added them to my collection!

Time for my small contribution...not just recolours, but gradient recolours (can you tell I was rather chuffed with this idea when it popped unbidden into my head?!)...

FOR THE COFFIN-KICKERS

OK, so you get five recolours based on Pooklet's natural shades, graduating from one shade to another:

Plus five single-hue unnatural recolours:

And a further 18 multi-hue unnatural recolours:

For all ages and both genders. Layerable with other full-face costume makeup (freckles, piercings and what-have-you), but not with each other.

As a bit of a bonus, I also made some additional alien recolours of my 'Nothing Like the Sun' eye set (as modelled by a couple of the gals in the preview above), although they are a bit redundant now, given that Nymphy has already posted some recolours, and thanks to Pxyis's genius alien eye overlays. Grin

Anyway, in case they might be of any use to anyone, they come in custom, geneticized, default and new shiny geneticized + towniefied flavours - swatches showing the colours are below.

DOWNLOAD CUSTOM ALIEN EYE RECOLOURS // DOWNLOAD GENETICIZED ALIEN EYE RECOLOURS

// DOWNLOAD GENETICIZED + TOWNIEFIED ALIEN EYE RECOLOURS //

CLICK ON THE THUMBNAILS TO DOWNLOAD THE INDIVIDUAL DEFAULTS:

TOU: please, no pay-sites, no Exchange, and no claiming as your own; thanks.

CREDITS:

Fantasyrogue for the original spotted alien skintone, and Petchy for extracting the spots from Fantasyrogue's skintone (I think, forgive me if I got this wrong).
Pooklet for the splendid colour actions, as always!
Resources for the eye recolours were variously from Yumedust, Jesstheex, bondchick_nett and Pooklet, with a bit of me thrown in.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 04:04:19 PM by CuriousB » Logged

CameraShy
Undead

« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2010, 02:41:48 PM »

CuriousB, my eyes actually hurt. This is an excellent thing! Downloading at once XD

CuriousB
Recreational Spreadsheet User
Macabre Miscreant

24-Hour Scientific Services

« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2010, 02:42:30 PM »

CuriousB, my eyes actually hurt. This is an excellent thing! Downloading at once XD

Eek, I hope that's in a good way! Grin

SillySoraya
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2010, 03:19:06 PM »

CuriousB- They are awesome! So bright and jolly =D I love the eyes too, will be downloading once I've got my story game set up Big Grin

loukoumaki
Undead

« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2010, 04:34:02 PM »

CuriousB, lovely! I was looking for more of these! Thanks! Cheesy
KatCat
Undead

« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2010, 04:40:09 PM »

CuriousB - I've just got to have that alien makeup!!  Thank you! Smiley

Tanathir
Hay guys what's going on in this thread??
Macabre Miscreant

SHE WOULD HAVE DEFENDING YOU

« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2010, 06:54:01 PM »

CuriousB, they are gorgeous!  I think you have made me actually like those spots for my Sims!  I don't like them as genetics on skin tones, but as makeup and gradients they are fantastic!  Now my aliens can have spots that are opposite to their skin tone!  *imagines purple alien with yellow spots and gets all giddy*

Simbic
Super Fabulous
Macabre Miscreant

I watched the pole dance of the stars.

« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2010, 11:48:54 PM »

These are freakin' gorgeous! thanks so much CuriousB <3

REBECCAAAA ((((;゜Д゜))) Tumblr

phoenixfg
Kindergoth

« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2010, 04:28:00 AM »

Gradient spots??? Drool Awesome!:) I never use this(I don't know why!) but I'm sure I will now.  Thanks CuriousB!

Fantasyrogue
Camelot!
Grimly Fiendish
Gloom Cookie

It's only a model...

« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2010, 09:41:28 AM »

You got the credits right CuriousB (and thank you for that Cheesy). The spots look awesome, I like the gradients a lot.

Thanks to everyone else for their creations too. All excellent stuff!

(I feel kinda bad for not participating, again, man have I got a backlog of things to do though)
Pyxis
Will always be
Macabre Miscreant

on hiatus

« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2010, 12:55:00 PM »

CuriousB, those are something I never knew were missing from my life until I saw them. Gorgeous, I don't know how I'm ever going to narrow down the colours to keep my makeup folder from exploding. Grin

Almighty Hat
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #118 on: June 28, 2010, 08:24:05 PM »

I come bearing robots!  I always come bearing robots.  Or plants.  Someday I'll come bearing werewolves and it'll just be confusing.

Oh man I love Servos.  Servos and Plantsims are easily my two favorite Supernaturals, probably because they make life so frickin' easy.  However, in a Medieval-- or fantasy or fairy-tale-- game, you run into some... problems, with Servos.

Now, of course you can use my funky wooden puppets or Phaenoh's armored Servos or even Amaryll's androgynous Steampunk Servos.  And they all indeed have their charms-- and I've used two of the three.  See, what happened was, I made my own wooden Servos and just loved them all to bits... and then I volunteered to help Amaryll test her androgynous Servos.

Yeah.  Wow.

I love them, in-game; they're incredibly graceful.  I didn't like that they were metal-- I'd gotten attached to my wooden ones-- but I spent so much time just watching Serviette walk that I knew I was gonna have to keep the mesh around.

So I did.

"A good servant is a real godsend, but truly this is a rare bird in the land." -Martin Luther

Behold the Servo!  It can do almost anything a Sim can do, and it never gets hungry, sick, uncomfortable, or smelly!  Lovingly crafted of polished golden oak and inlaid with magic crystals and runes, these jointed wooden golems are sure to be a great help to any house that can afford them.

Front and back.  There are no separate formal outfits, unfortunately.

Have them entertain your guests, cook your meals, clean your home, work in your shop...

Work your magic, even.

The back of the head is very important.  So are the eyes, really, but... well.  The back of the head shows your Servo's gender via the Mars and Venus symbols.  Witches have a pentacle set into the circle, werewolves a lunar cycle symbol, and vampires the Taurus horns added to the circle (which alchemically indicates modification through coagulation.  Sounded about right).  Serviette, then, is a female witch.

Which you can also tell by her blue eyes.  The eyes are quartz crystal, and the color can tell you a great deal about your Servo's life state.  Unaltered Servos have green eyes; witches have blue while Wizards have purple.  Vampires have red and werewolves have yellow, though with slightly different shades for male and female.

Female Servos have a slight red stain to the lips and cheeks; males do not.

Sometimes this will happen.  That little glowy ball does like to play peek-a-boo when Servos bend in certain directions.

But wait there's more!

Don't like your Servos to be quite so decorated?  Think plain wood should be enough for anybody?  Want to add your own mystic carvings?

No problem!  Thoughtfully, a totally blank Servo is provided for those who like a more virginal look.  Front and back.

Really, that's less risky than it looks.

Now, there is one small problem...

There's no deactivated mesh for Amaryll's Servos (although I live in hope that someone will create one someday), so your dormant Servos will look kind of... weird.  There's no help for it, alas-- I don't mesh.

Serviette by day...

... And by night, where you can really tell she's got a high-gloss finish.  The highly polished look I like on my Servos isn't everybody's cup of tea, but... I like it.  However, I also like making people happy, so as a separate bonus to this default, I've uploaded a Servo Matte Package.  Once installed, this little package makes any and all Servos in any and all life states flat matte instead of super shiny.  Mine, Amaryll's, Phaenoh's, Gwill's, The Ninth Wave's, EAxis's, anybody's.  Everybody's.

I've also uploaded two variations on the theme of catalog descriptions-- the first just changes the catalog text to what you see there.  I didn't want my Medieval Sims making robots and I didn't want to have to change it every.  Damn.  Time they built a Servo.  The second not only changes the catalog description but puts the deactivated Servo in your Buy Mode catalog under Electronics Misc, for six thousand Simoleons.  Just in case you're not into that whole 'handcrafted' thing, or you have some mods to test.  You can only use one of these at a time, so choose wisely.

... Okay, out of Servo pictures, on to the notes.

The Default Crap:  These are Default Replacements, and as with black widow spiders and Immortals, there can be only one.  Make sure you don't have any other Servo defaults in your game before using mine; doubling up on defaults may yield inconsistant results (last mod loaded wins).

The "Why are these files so big?" Crap:  I love my crisp, clean oak textures.  They're delicious.  However, when shrunk down to 1024x1024 pixels, the woodgrain suddenly goes all crunchy.  That's not so delicious.  To fix this problem, the Servo body textures are at 2048x2048.  I neither have nor intend to make a version with a reduced filesize; if you want to, be my guest.  Everything has been compressorized, but the Servo files still weigh in around 10 MB each.

The Policy Crap: Use it for anything you want so long as no money changes hands.  I have this intense problem with demanding money for default replacements and it's against Amaryll's policy anyway.

Credit is Not Crap:  Gotta thank Amaryll for her mesh and Ephemera for the ball-jointed doll skin I butchered and everybody in the Garden of Shadows Show Off Your Creations thread for critique and suggestions.  I also have to thank Lyn for making sure I had a working copy of Photoshop, Quaxi for SimPE, and Lord Darcy and HugeLunatic for being the source of all my formal TXMT knowledge.

Other Crap:  Requires Open For Business.  Requires Nightlife for Vampire state, Pets for Werewolf state, and Apartment Life for witch state.  (They can also be Zombies which requires Uni, but there's no separate texture for that.)  Witch life states will give you some trouble if you have Squinge's No Outfit Change on Alignment Change hack; in testing, Serviette got a normal fleshy head under her robot head.  Not attractive.  Either don't teach your Servos magic or skip that hack.  Not included but heartily recommended (especially for those with Seasons as well as OFB) is Dolphin26's Waterproof Servos, because it's only funny the first time.  You may also be interested in Paladin's Servo objects at Sim Wardrobe (under Sims 2/Objects/Robots), although they're not so Medieval-looking.  

Yeah, okay, that's everything.

DOWNLOAD DECORATED SERVOS

DOWNLOAD BLANK SERVOS
There can be only one, so choose wisely!
(Also, these are roughly 10Mb downloads, so be patient.)

DOWNLOAD AMARYLL'S ANDROGYNOUS SERVO MESH
(Required for either Servo to work right)

DOWNLOAD SERVO MATTE PACKAGE

DOWNLOAD SERVO CATALOG DESCRIPTION

DOWNLOAD HEAD AND BODY PSD FILES
Because I know some people wanted my Servo textures as a proper skintone-- an endeavor I support, but I ain't doin' it.  Also handy for alterations of my Servos or... whatever.  This one is about 34Mb.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 01:48:19 AM by Almighty Hat » Logged

Tanathir
Hay guys what's going on in this thread??
Macabre Miscreant

SHE WOULD HAVE DEFENDING YOU

« Reply #119 on: June 28, 2010, 08:31:02 PM »

Oh.  My.  God.  Almighty Hat, you really are mighty!  Not only are these gorgeous, they are so detailed and thorough.  I bow to you.

Pages: Prev 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: