Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: drown like you - nouk dreads converted for ts3  (Read 189788 times)
aikea-guinea
misery inspires
Macabre Miscreant

i've already learned a bit of sin

« on: August 03, 2009, 03:29:22 PM »

I desperately needed this hair for one of my boys, so I converted it.  I know there are quite a few other people who want it as well, so I'm sharing.  However, there are a few minor issues with this hair mesh.

First, there's substantial clipping on fat sims.  This is because, as far as I'm aware, the fat morph inner workings for hair haven't been worked out yet.  I got a grand total of one whole vertice to move with the fat morph, at the price of having all the other ones ever so slightly wrong.  At any rate, this is what the clipping looks like in CAS:

Second, there's a slight line where the scalp and the face textures line up.  This is only really noticeable on lighter textures, but I wanted to mention it anyway.

Finally, the very very bottom on the back can be a totally different color from the rest of the scalp if you have vastly different highlight/base/roots/tips colors.  This is EA's fault, and I didn't notice it until I was ready to upload this.  It's not too distracting since the dreads cover most of it, but I'm still going to see about fixing it in the next couple of days.  Also, I completely failed to take a picture of it, even though I could have sworn I had.

Now, onto the good stuff!

It's available for both Males and Females, ages teen-elder.  It animates every bit as smoothly as Nouk's original (I just basically translated her original TS2 bone assignments over to TS3), has all LOD files, and the file has been compressorized.  

All credit goes to Nouk for the original mesh and textures.  So slip into the skin that I know you feel safe in, and make up all the games that hide your little soul in vain.

(Please let me know if you experience any issues with this.  It works perfectly in my game, but after the problems people have/are having with the other conversion I did, I'm a bit nervous...)

* 13.png (40.51 KB, 150x150 - viewed 325981 times.)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 08:05:32 AM by evanesco » Logged

the edge of the big reveal
could be the end of the story
jaccirocker
SupaDupaGeekyGirl
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

I'm just Jacci

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 03:35:48 PM »

TY, I wanted these so badly in my game. Again thanks.

TS2 missing files are here  <<<------ Fixed 08/26/2011 pm me if something is missing
dschubel
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 03:40:49 PM »

yay!

This isn't the WCIF section. -Bosie
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 04:23:51 PM by Bosie » Logged
karenf
Kindergoth

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 04:02:57 PM »

Wow the hair looks awesome.

cavilez
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 04:11:13 PM »

Yay Aikea, thank you so much! Grin
Armonia
Grimly Fiendish
Undead

I don't really like sweets

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 04:18:37 PM »

omg I looOOooove it!

MY POLICY is simple: you can use my lots or some picture of them wherever you want, in any way ... EXCEPT for pay sites. Just credit me, please.
sexycheese
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 04:51:38 PM »

This is an awesome hair conversion.

I have a question however.

Are you following the MTS guide or do you have your own method of converting?
I attempted to following the MTS, but one of the programs costs money and I couldn't to continue.
I'm just curious to know how you convert hairs..if you don't mind me asking of course.
M.Calero
Grimly Fiendish
Gutter Punk

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 04:56:43 PM »

Tried it in my game and absolutedly love it. Honestly, I wouldn't have noticed the tiny issues if you hadn't adressed them.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to do and share this :-)
Blooplie
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 05:32:17 PM »

Hi Aikea,
  I didn't try it for females but it shows up great in my game on the males.  Thank you for making this available.
persephone
Kindergoth

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 05:37:09 PM »

These are fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. Thank you so much!
theFaerieChild
Resident Cookie Monster
Gloom Cookie

COOKIES! OMNOMNOM!

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 05:53:33 PM »

This is absolute love. Thank you! ^.^

There was a sinister undertone about this city in the middle of nowhere. And besides, it reeked of crayons.
AtomicSpaceKitty
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 06:31:20 PM »

Thank you so much for this!  One of my favorite hairstyles from Sims 2.
jcwolf
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 07:34:51 PM »

Damn cool hair mate.

Thanks a million times pkus another 2 millions for the effort and time taken to do this and sharing with us!
Feral
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 09:23:21 PM »

Brilliant! Thanks Smiley
yuge
Zzzzzz......
Gloom Cookie

善処します。

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 10:21:50 PM »

Yay Aikea!!
Very cooooool! Big Grin
Thanks Cheer

My Space : Flickr & DeepSpaceUnder