Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ulker TS3 Hair to TS2 Hair  (Read 13432 times)
Nia
« on: June 04, 2011, 03:24:37 PM »

I've looked around for weeks now. If I've missed it, I'm very sorry. Can anyone convert these TS3 Ulker hairs to TS2? I've fallen in love with them as TS3 and would greatly appreciate it if they were made to TS2.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/ulker/downloads/details/category/sims3-hair-hairstyles-female/title/ulker-hair-fashionista-11/id/1037075/

http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/ulker/downloads/details/category/sims3-hair-hairstyles-female/title/ulker-hair-fashionista-10/id/1018571/

http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/ulker/downloads/details/category/sims3-hair-hairstyles-female/title/ulker-hair-fashionista-9/id/994123/

They're here at the Booty: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/ts3/tsr/ulker/hair/

The first hair listed is Fashionista 11. It's under the file name ulkerhairfashionistaistall.zip

The second hair is Fashionista 10, then lastly Fashionista 9.

Thank you to anyone who can take this request!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 07:22:53 PM by shastakiss » Logged
Trapping
Party Maker
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 04:13:36 PM »

I think I could give these a try - at least the first and the third one. I'm not too sure about the second one seeing as I'm not that good at assigning bones (animate) for long hair. Just give me a while and I'll have a look at them ^_^

Please note that my old "Jedpie"-tumblr is now called "TrappingSims2". If you find an old link, replace "jedpie" with "trappingsims2" and it should work.
Nia
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 04:41:49 PM »

I really appreciate you checking this out, Trapping. If the second one's too much trouble, I'm fine with the other two Smiley
Trapping
Party Maker
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 05:20:20 PM »

I had a look at the first hair and the first thing I can say about it is that the polygon count is crazy high. Those braids are meshed on. The original mesh had 27.072 polys and after starting tinkering with it I had to add some backfaces. I'd like to have added backfaces on the whole thing, but since that would have doubled the poly-count I only did the worst parts leaving the new number at 33.568 which is more than pretty much any mesh I've ever seen for the game (except for one Coolsims-mesh which had a polycount around that area).
And I'm sorry to say that I encountered some issues which I don't know how to fix too.

Front and sideways picture:

So far so good.

Back and other sideway picture:

Here's where the problems starts showing up. Three (or perhaps even four) strands are turning out white or transparent. I'm guessing this has something to do with there only being one group on the mesh, but I don't have the skills nescessary to divide it into separate groups to check if that might cut it.

And another picture of problem-areas:

The gap in the first picture might be fixeable, but the second one requires more backfaces which means the polycount will rise and I don't want to add more polys than there already are. And the third one with the translarency I'm sorry to say I have no idea how to fix.

Before I continue working on this I just have to ask if you think it's worth it with a hair that has a polycount over 33.000. A low polycount hair has a poly below 3000, a normal one has a polycount arount 5-7000 and a high one usually has a little above 10.000 polys. 33.000 is more than three times that number. I could continue working on it and try to get it to look better, I just thought I should let you know about the polycount.

Please note that my old "Jedpie"-tumblr is now called "TrappingSims2". If you find an old link, replace "jedpie" with "trappingsims2" and it should work.
Nia
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 05:29:52 PM »

Wow, that is pretty huge  No way I can tell the gaps would certainly be giving anyone quite a bit of trouble. I personally don't mind the polycount (famous last words before my game crashes) but if it does require a lot more polycounts, I would say scrap it.
Trapping
Party Maker
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 05:41:52 PM »

I personally don't mind the polycount

I think I've found a way to alpha-edit away the worst of the transparent strands. I just need to fit the mesh better to the head and then I'll have another picture up. I was mostly worried about the polycount, but since you seem to be okay with it I will continue working on it  ^_^

Edit: This is how the hair looks at the moment. What do you think?

« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 06:45:51 PM by Trapping » Logged

Nia
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 07:22:52 PM »

The hair looks awesome, Trapping. I really like it.
Ove
Undead

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 04:52:44 PM »

Wow wow wow!! Looks wonderful, gorgeous and everything Trapping!!

Jessy
drown me in sorrow
Macabre Miscreant

hollow as the promises of yesterday

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 05:15:09 PM »

The hair looks gorgeous so far, Trapping. I could never nab it because of the polycount, but it's lovely to look at! Wink

tumblr livejournal dreamwidth

*a lot of my dropbox links aren't working, i will slowly work on fixing them but if you have a certain thing you want, please pm me*
basically on a hiatus at this point, but you can always message me for anything
Sofy
More upbeat than the
Undead

It's all about the pixels

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 05:23:58 PM »

I agree with Jessy. My poor little laptop could never handle it, but wow, it's lovely!

Trapping
Party Maker
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 05:40:04 PM »

Thank you for your kind words, everyone  Heart burp

I tried my hand at the mesh with long hair but couldn't get it to look good. I don't know if it's just my lack off skills or the mesh itself, but the endresult looked odd to say the least. And when fiddling with the third hair I couldn't ge the shape of it right, so I'm sorry to say I don't think i will be able to make any more convertions than this one that I've been working on now. If anyone else wants to do the other two be my guest.
In the end I thought the backfaces I added didn't make enough of a difference for the extra 6.000 polys they added to be worth it so I removed them. The hair now has a polycount slightly above 27.000. It works for all ages (PF-EF). You didn't say which textures you wanted on it so I went with what I'd want myself and Pookleted it. I used all of Pooklet's natural colors as well as the two greys and Time Bomb. All files are binned, but not familied. Elders keep their hair-color.

Download.

I hope you like it  ^_^

RolloRolls
Undead

Rain is for Dreamers

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 06:12:51 PM »

Oooo... Trapping I love you!  You can has flower This is awesome! Please, just don't be scared of me for my previous words  Embarrassed

Cigar Sleepy bat
pinketamine
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 06:17:26 PM »

This looks so awesome. I hope the third hairstyle does not have such a crazy polycount (TS3 hairs are just... crazy).

I'll download it and try if it does not made my computer self-destruct Grin

WIP in my Dreamwidth
jaccirocker
SupaDupaGeekyGirl
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

I'm just Jacci

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 08:56:08 PM »

Gosh, darn it, that hair is freaking amazing but the polycount, seriously shame on Ulker. I have to try it out any way, and if it doesn't make my computer die I'll use it sparingly. Thanks Trapping, I love you for this.

TS2 missing files are here  <<<------ Fixed 08/26/2011 pm me if something is missing
Nia
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 09:10:11 PM »

Thank you so much, Trapping! Sounds silly but you have no idea how much better this made my day! I truly appreciate you doing this request for me.

Also, I'm sorry I didn't tell you what textures I wanted. I love Pooklet's textures. They're my favorite. Thank you for using them Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: