Pages: Prev 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2011.04 - Hobby Horse  (Read 214770 times)
snowietig
Gutter Punk

« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2011, 11:29:58 PM »

Snagged the laptops and paintings, thanks Keoni and Harshmelon!

HarshMelon
« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2011, 04:15:35 PM »

satinn, Psychosim, and snowietig:  I'm so happy you can use the paintings!
waxesnostalgic
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2011, 08:33:39 PM »

There was going to be more to this contribution, but my sister doesn't have time to make a new mesh this month, she said, so it is just recolors.

Here are some vintage (1920s) sports clothing for males and females.

Knickerbocker athletic wear! These are on a mesh by CrabofDoom, his edit of the male breakdancer outfit. It's not totally accurate, but close enough, I think. These are typical athletic wear for men from the turn of the century until sometime in the 1920s. Am I the only one who wishes football players still dressed like this??  Embarrassed

It is available in three colors, and the mesh is included.

And I have also made tennis dresses from the 1920s. They are set as everyday because the mesh had heels, but I have them as athletic wear in my game. That's my terrible attempt at posing a tennis serve. XD

There are two colors, coral and blue, and they are for teens and adults. The adult version has a cardigan and the teen version is sleeveless. I did make a sleeveless version for adults but it looked strange.  The meshes are by All About Style and are included.

currantpotpie
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2011, 01:07:03 AM »

WOW! Those are so amazing...I'm going to research a bit and see if I can get away with using them in my Victorian era.  Tongue I have created sets pertaining to the naturalist or collector instinct in your Sims...
Whether they buy and sell flowers or have rare collections, I feel these will suit their many needs.

A nice rustic recolor of the flower crafting station. I made it to suit my Victorian neighborhood and I'm sure it can suit others.
REQUIRES OPEN FOR BUSINESS.  Download ---> http://www.box.net/shared/02y3kzptlr

Recolors of Jope's plants. You can't have a gardening Sim without some plants.
No expansions needed. Download ---> http://www.box.net/shared/0dxdsdir1b

For all of your collectors, there are coins, pressed flowers, and stamps.
On a mesh by Chimerical. No expansions needed.
Download ---> http://www.box.net/shared/jdgoitcbxm
The lovely flower graphics are by http://gonkski.deviantart.com/.
Mod note: posts merged. Please remember to use the Modify button.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 01:21:20 AM by vintagecat » Logged

waxesnostalgic
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2011, 01:13:32 AM »

Yes, I've been wanting your recolor of the flower stand since I saw it on show off your creations.  Grin Thank you!

pinkosim
aka psychosim
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2011, 04:51:56 AM »

Oh. Oops Oooh. Drool Oooooooooh! Intardnet
ahem, your post is made of awesomeness, waxesnostalgic. Thanks a lot! Bliss

vintagecat, your recolors are always charming. Tophat

"One cannot develop taste from what is of average quality but only from the very best." - Goethe
Your dedication is inspiration for my dedication.
- Livejournal - latest: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
- Grungy cars - latest: 1977 VW Type 2 two-tones
thechangeling
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2011, 05:44:04 AM »

That station is awesome! Oh, and the plants and pressed flowers?! Sooo much amazing in one post!

Thanks for sharing all of these; they're gorgeous! Cheesy
Eva
uhoh I'm a
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2011, 06:55:48 AM »

Remember that Steampunk telescope that was extracted from TS3? Yes, I finally made that functional. It's animated and has all the functions. Alien abductions happen too. I have (almost) evidence in a coffin kicker sized image. It comes with the two recolours that the original version came with.

Now, since the telescope functions were changed in the Freetime EP, and since there is both a cheap and an expensive basegame telescope to clone from, there are a few different options to choose from. First you have to choose between the cheap and the expensive version. In non-FT games, sims can't get abducted from the cheap telescope, but they can from the expensive one. In FT games, I believe you can get abducted from both. So I would recommend for FT players to go with the cheap version, since the animations look slightly better on that one. (You can actually download both the cheap and the expensive version, they won't conflict, but you'll have two telescopes that look exactly the same.)
Then you choose according to your game set up. The expensive version comes in a basegame version and a Freetime version. If you don't have FT, get the basegame version. If you do have FT, get the FT version. If you don't have FT, but you do have AL or M&G, I'm not sure. Try the basegame version and if sims jump back from the telescope, come back for the FT version.
The same goes for the cheap version.

There are two versions of the recolours, one for the cheap version, one for the expensive version. They work for all the different EP versions that are available within those versions. So if someone makes a recolour for the cheap FT version, it will work for the cheap BG version too, but not for the expensive versions.

Congratulations if you made it all the way over here and are still with me! Downloads then. The first series is mediafire links, the second is box links, but please only use those if mediafire doesn't work. Each version comes with the appropriate recolours.

A big thank you to:
EA for the mesh and textures.
Evanesco for extracting the mesh and textures.
SilTstm for requesting a functional version, who knows how long it would have taken me otherwise to learn how to do jointed objects.
Nymphy, Evanesco, JessicaDarling, Marja, CuriousB, Psychosim, Almighty Hat and mustluvcatz for testing and advice!
The makers of Milkshape, SimPE and the Unimesh plugin for, well, for those things.

Please let me know if I messed up somewhere!

« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 07:27:02 AM by E.A. Poe » Logged

Kirai
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2011, 07:04:09 AM »

Oh wow, that telescope is fantastic!
pinkosim
aka psychosim
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2011, 07:18:11 AM »

Thanks, Eva! Unfortunately the Uni version still has the jump bug (but I have NL, too).

"One cannot develop taste from what is of average quality but only from the very best." - Goethe
Your dedication is inspiration for my dedication.
- Livejournal - latest: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
- Grungy cars - latest: 1977 VW Type 2 two-tones
Eva
uhoh I'm a
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2011, 07:25:38 AM »

Thanks, Eva! Unfortunately the Uni version still has the jump bug (but I have NL, too).

Damn. Then I really don't know what's doing it. I don't suppose you have any problems with other basegame compatible telescopes cloned from the cheap telescope (if there are any)?
At least you can still use the expensive version. That worked, right?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 08:22:37 AM by E.A. Poe » Logged

waxesnostalgic
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2011, 09:29:35 AM »

The telescope!  Cool Thank you Eva, though I don't know where I'll use it. I will find something, I'm sure.  ^_^
'

currantpotpie
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2011, 09:45:38 AM »

Eva, the telescopes are wonderful. Thank you! Smiley

MJSpice
Rants of the abnormally unknown ;P
Undead

ALIENS! ALIENS EVERYWHERE!

« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2011, 10:13:30 AM »

E.A.Poe you have made me happy! *goes to use telescope ingame*