Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A Knight is Sworn to Valor (A Medieval set for CM through EM)  (Read 20561 times)
Almighty Hat
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« on: December 06, 2009, 12:25:14 AM »

A Knight is sworn to Valor
His Heart knows only Virtue
His Blade defends the Helpless
His Word speaks only Truth
His Wrath undoes the Wicked

So the story goes like this.

ZoeJ made these and I love them and use the heck out of them.  And then of course I pirated the Sims 2 Store Castle Set from the lovely folks over at MATY, which has this whole heraldry thing going on-- a celtic knot on green, a fleur-des-lis on blue, and a llama thingy on red.  

Since I have a Medieval neighborhood with royalty and nobility, I found myself saying "Dang!  If only there were a way to get those crests on ZoeJ's tunics, that I might have consistent heraldry!"

Turns out there was, since the front and the back of the tunics have almost exactly the same texture.  A little photoshop fiddling and suddenly I had four blank tunics... which I liked enough to keep before I added my own crests.

At this point, I should have realized this project was going to mount up.  See, there are teen versions of this tunic in ZoeJ's post, so I did it for teens... but when I chased down the name of the mesh in my downloads folder, I discovered I had a boys' size, too...  Well, so you can have Knights and Squires and Pages ranging from Child to Elder should you so choose.

(Please ignore the clothing tool creeping in there.  My photos are only occasionally awesome.)

But what's a Knight without a Sword?

Medrops did these marvelous weapons for Link, and heck, who am I to let a really spiffy mesh just sit there?

... Okay, okay, so the Triforce is meshed on.  And that is definitely the Master Sword.  I still kinda like 'em.

At this point, I figured, "Well, as long as I'm slapping heraldry on stuff...

These are done on Adele's Coffin Rings mesh, which you can nab here if you don't already have them.  I loved how old-school signet-ring they looked, and originally I was just going to use them as-is for my Medieval 'hood, but, you know how it goes, you get on a roll...

I loved this shot with the signal fires through the window behind him.

Okay, important details here.

Adult tunics work for adults, young adults, and elders.  All tunics are categorized for everyday, formal, athletic, and winterwear.

You have your choice of glasses-binned weapons or Bon Voyage jewelry-binned weapons.  You can have both.  Weapons fit teen through elder, but I don't advise putting sword belts on the elders-- they tend to hunch through them.

If you choose the jewelry-binned version, the sword belts are binned under right-hand bracelets, sheilds are nose rings, and swords are lip rings.  This means they won't stack with those jewelry items.  Also, Bon Voyage is required since I used Wardrobe Wrangler instead of SimPE, because using Wardrobe Wrangler means I don't go "Wait, did I copy or paste that instance number?  FUCK."

If you choose the glasses-binned weapons, go on and get Medrops's version, too-- since I didn't change the color on the blue sword or the sword belt, they're missing from my set.  Use my meshes (included with either weapons set or available separately) instead of Medrops's to avoid the blue-flashies.

You also have your choice of jewelry-binned or glasses-binned rings, and again, I was smart and you can have both.  Rings work for young adult through elder.

Bon Voyage is still required for the jewelry-binned version, for the same reason as it's needed for the weapons.  They're binned as left-hand rings, because... well, that's what they are.

The glasses-binned version does not have custom thumbnails because I really am just that lazy (and dumb enough to pack everything up before taking screenshots)-- the tooltips are fairly descriptive, though, and actually say they're rings.

Meshes are included, everything is compressorized for your pleasure, feel free to do what you want with the textures cos that's my policy (the rings are all me, although I used Adele's shading as a guide on the facets), ZoeJ's policy, and Medrops's policy.  Please keep stuff off TSR and paysites, it makes me sulk because I suspect most of them don't pay taxes on their income.

"Hey!  There's a cursor on my knee!"

And now, downloads!

* Knight Icon.jpg (24.9 KB, 150x150 - viewed 89498 times.)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 09:45:09 PM by Almighty Hat » Logged

Serena_Moonstone
Lady Serena
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 01:23:23 AM »

Very Awesome!!! I will totally abuse these in my game.

Almighty Hat
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 02:23:10 AM »

I'm glad you like them!  I fully intend to abuse them, myself, once I get out of the Testerhood stage.

FadeToBlack
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

i came back haunted

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 09:47:39 AM »

Oh wow, the amount of effort here is just awesome. I especially love the tunics, they're very pretty.

Almighty Hat
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 04:49:33 PM »

Credit for the tunics goes COMPLETELY to ZoeJ-- she did a phenomenal job on them.  All I really did was rip her crests off and put new crests on, and dig out the boys' mesh. 

So... thank you so much, but I gotta give credit where credit is due.  Mostly cos dang I love ZoeJ's stuff.

KunoichiKatie
:D
Undead

D:

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 05:01:19 PM »

This makes me happy inside. Let the abuse begin!

First off, I'm not interested in ordinary people. But, if any of you are aliens, time-travelers, or espers, please come see me. That is all!
| Dreamwidth |
Lexington
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 09:45:56 PM »

Gleeee! These are amazing. I haven't really found armor I liked.. until now! Thank you!
Almighty Hat
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 09:57:28 PM »

Yay, abuse!  It's more fun than it sounds!  Glad you like 'em, Katie.

And Lexington, I really can't take credit for the armor, unless you like the crestless version that much.  (Also, have you checked out the Sims 2 Store's chainmaille?  It's right heavy stuff, but I do like the maille hood in the set.  I like it a LOT.)

pinkosim
aka psychosim
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 02:18:26 PM »

Very nice work, AlmightyHat! I have no use for it but it's beautiful. Smiley

"One cannot develop taste from what is of average quality but only from the very best." - Goethe
Your dedication is inspiration for my dedication.
- Livejournal - latest: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
- Grungy cars - latest: 1977 VW Type 2 two-tones
Bedwyr
Geek.
Gutter Punk

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 02:59:47 PM »

Oh my God. I love these. The Knights of the Pixel Table will be very well-clothed now.

sims stuff | five rounds rapid
oh, marvellous, you're going to kill me. what a finely-tuned response to the situation.
Funky Poacher
Of a Solar and Lunar Race
Gloom Cookie

Mmmmmmmanservant

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 06:02:25 PM »

Dragonheart! *flailing*

Anywho, I love the set. Great work!!

"Let that pass, I shall be beloved - I want no more"

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1639077/
Darkraven
Kindergoth

amor vincit omnia

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2009, 09:19:06 AM »

I absolutely LOVE these!  *squees*  Thank you so much!!
Almighty Hat
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 03:15:29 AM »

Funky Poacher, you just made my day by getting the title reference.  *Grins*

And thank you Psychosim, Bedwyr, and Darkraven for the compliments!

FyrDragon
Kindergoth

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 12:33:12 AM »

This is an awesome set!  I will definitely be adding it to my Medieval neighborhood!
Zaphod
Kindergoth

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 01:24:34 PM »

Outstanding!

Thank You so much Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: