Pages: Prev 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2012.04 - Default Designs!  (Read 548427 times)
oweemytoe
Kindergoth

« Reply #120 on: April 25, 2012, 09:55:51 AM »

Niiice...love the black roses!! Thanks so much NR
revolvertrooper
Kindergoth

« Reply #121 on: April 25, 2012, 12:24:09 PM »

Thanks for the lovely comments,and thanks to everyone for the great downloads (I particularly like Aquilegia's curtains,Ren's outfit,Nymphy's chair and Hazeling's eyes - the entire custom set)! I have a second little thing for this theme - it's a replacement for Live.package, the list the game uses to give names to townies and NPCs. Some great mods of this kind have already been made,but many months ago I was tempted to create a list for my own use and I've been adding names to it for quite a long time; now I've polished it a little to make it suitable for public consumption.
   This mod contains 779 male first names, 1312 female ones and 1433 surnames(the same for both genders). It comes in two flavours,with or without Jordi's pet name list (with some very subtle editing by me). My main sources for the names were the US census lists and Izza's great mod, which I have used in the past.I have also found names through baby naming sites, simming journals and the sim picture threads here, TV Tropes, Wikipedia...The list was made for an English-speaking game so it mainly contains English names, but not only; however I have only enabled it for the English language, though you can easily change that with SimPE.It doesn't include the names of a few "iconic" premades (I mostly play with them and I didn't want a second Nina or Pascal in my game). I like a bit of kitsch or irony in my game, so I've  included a few rather controversial names -or bizarre spellings- that I've found interesting or amusing in a good way.
   In order to show you how the mod really works in-game, I've refreshed my Bluewater Village many times and I have 4 collages of SimPE screenshots to show you (three takes per pic)!

Preview 1    Preview 2   Preview 3   Preview 4
   (Images are coffin-kicker friendly,but not very nice)
   You can also check the text lists of the names I've used in alphabetical order (they're randomized in the mod)-handy if you want to check if a particular name is there or not.You can normally place the file in your Downloads folder,but for some reason it seems you shouldn't change its filename!

Download with pet names
    Download without pet names

HurricaneTaylor
Gutter Punk

same old, same old

« Reply #122 on: April 25, 2012, 02:13:22 PM »

Haha I see Katniss in there  Grin
NathanialRoyale
Dark
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

Nights

« Reply #123 on: April 25, 2012, 03:20:25 PM »

Thanks oweemytoe and Prosthetics!

Mannequin, Genie & Vampire!

A simple grey recolor of Lilith's Solitude skins for a Mannequin Default shown in the Mannequin's natural habitat.  Grin

A Genie default with Lilith's Solitude skins in CuriousB's Desat Purple and Noodlesims' Sleeping Lion Eyes in a darker purple color.

Genie and Mannequin Download Here

Lilith's Solitude Skin Blend recolored to a Vampiric tone, completely smoothed in Photoshop!
NoodleSims Sleeping Lion + Enayla's Predator Eyes smushed.

Default Download Here
 Custom Download Here
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 02:04:22 AM by NathanialRoyale » Logged

pixelsticks
Kindergoth

« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2012, 05:25:06 AM »

Wow,  tons of great stuff. I love default replacements, so I decided to make some too. Actually, this is my first ever upload.  Cheesy

Replaces these outfits with Ohbehave's super cute Glaikery Dresses. Edit: TF version added. Replaces tfBodyPleatsOutfit with RoxehFoxehh's conversions (Thanks for the link, babydykecate. Smiley You're awesome). There were only two recolors, so I added the rest of the colors used on the AF mesh. Custom version available for those who want it. All credit for the textures go to Ohbehave; I just copypasta'd them to the teen mesh.
AF DEFAULT
TF DEFAULT
TF CUSTOM

Replaces these outfits with spyroeldragon's Simple as That outfits.
DOWNLOAD

Replaces these outfits with Libitina's Impressive dresses.
DOWNLOAD

Replaces these super hideous outfits with HermionORourke's She Moves dresses.
DOWNLOAD

Replaces these outfits with Trapping's Skellington7D dresses and recolors by me. All credit goes to Trapping and also Aelia, since I used her retro color actions; I hardly did anything in the recoloring department. Custom version of the dresses included for those who don't want the defaults.
CUSTOM

Replaces these outfits with Io's 2010 Advent dresses.
Normally, afBodyFormalDress is only in the formal category of the catalog, but I couldn't decide if I should change the replacement to both everyday and formal or not, so I just made both versions. Only download one.
FORMAL ONLY
FORMAL + EVERYDAY

Edit: I forgot to mention that everything is properly compressorized also.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:10:55 PM by Leixia » Logged
CuriousB
Recreational Spreadsheet User
Macabre Miscreant

24-Hour Scientific Services

« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2012, 05:54:02 AM »

Thank you, Leixia - some more lovely default choices, and congrats on your first upload!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 06:26:38 AM by CuriousB » Logged

Rocket Horse
Pretty-Suited Simming Soldier
Kindergoth

Vroom Vroom Whinny

« Reply #126 on: April 26, 2012, 05:59:24 AM »

Oh man, there are so many lovely things in this thread I could talk about them all day... so I'm going to limit myself to just the ones on this page.

revolvertrooper, I think doing a names default replacement is so cool. It's such a creative twist on this month's theme. I'm kind of in love with the amount and variety of surnames there.

Leixia, I tend not to use default mesh replacements... so I want you to know I'm sorely tempted here! Those are all really fun, colourful and varied outfits you've picked for the defaults. They're suitable, too - I love it when someone puts the effort into finding replacement meshes that are in a similar vein to the clothes they replace. In fact you may just break me and find me coming back to download some. Also, congratulations on your first upload!

But NathanialRoyale, the main reason I'm commenting is because I wanted to thank you! I've been looking for good vampire defaults for ages and I'd not found what I wanted, but I think these are the ones! It's the perfect blend of realism with Maxis Match, to me. So, thankyou very much! I love them! Cheesy

Spieldose
Kindergoth

« Reply #127 on: April 26, 2012, 06:16:01 AM »

Leixia do those replacements work for AF only or do they affect the teen dresses too?
pixelsticks
Kindergoth

« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2012, 07:03:29 AM »

CuriousB, Thank you so much! I actually really enjoyed it and I hope to make some more default replacements and such - hopefully in enough time before this theme is over.

Rocket Horse, I feel like I'm corrupting your innocent, default replacement free life and I couldn't be more thrilled about it. Don't try to resist. Haha, I'm kidding. Smiley But thank you very much for the compliments. There were some outfits that I knew I wanted to default ages ago, like the tank and jeans outfit, but I really did spend a huge amount of thinking about what outfits would be perfect for what mesh. The gowns were the worst; I decided really early on that I wasn't going to default replace the gowns with anything other than glamorous full length dresses, which are very hard to find! It seems that most people make short dresses, which I adore, but I just couldn't have replaced an outfit like afBodyLongTwo with a short dress. It would have bothered me. I think I have a problem. Tongue

Spieldose, Aww, this sucks to say, but they do not work for teens. I don't play as teens very often and I'm pretty sure some of these outfits haven't been converted for teens. That being said, if anyone knows if and where I could find teen conversions of these outfits, I would be more than happy to make teen defaults.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:44:30 PM by Leixia » Logged
Winston Agon
Kindergoth

« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2012, 06:33:55 PM »

Leixia thanks for the defaults on the afbodypleats  - been looking something to replace them for a long time
babydykecate
Kindergoth

« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2012, 11:12:19 PM »

Leixia, Ohbehave's Glaikery Dress was converted for teens here by RoxehFoxehh.

Thanks so much for the awesome clothing defaults Leixia, adalae, CuriousB, NathanialRoyale, celebrin, lovestainedheart and lemonlion (loving the magazine defaults too)!
thechangeling
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2012, 12:24:01 AM »

Huge thanks to everyone for their hard work and generosity! This has been a wonderful month for defaults!

And now to cross some requests off my list:

Part the First

I had forgotten how many property sets this hair has, and that's why it took a whole month to finish both
the adult and teen meshes. Nouk's textures with Pooklet's colors, and thanks to ZeroDark for the rainbow recolor!

Originally posted here.

Originally posted here.

One folder, everything compressed.
DOWNLOAD
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 09:07:05 PM by thechangeling » Logged
Libitina
Undead

« Reply #132 on: April 27, 2012, 01:25:37 AM »

thechangeling, thank you so much! Nouk's Frohawk is much more detailed one,and with ZeroDark's retexture it looks really original,and original colours of M&G hair always bothered me  Cheesy
Leixia, thanks for making the wardrobes of our sims more stylish   Wink
NathanialRoyale, thank you so much for replacing the nannequin skin,it always bothered me,and genie and vampire defaults look lovely aswell  Wink
Gooey Belle
magical girl
Macabre Miscreant

Pon Farr is early this year, babe.

« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2012, 01:53:56 AM »

Thank you to every single one of the contributors in this month's theme! My DL Folder is crying in the corner but it'll get over it... eventually :3

ladyheather
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2012, 02:31:03 AM »

Oh wow, that rainbow hawk!I don't really use default hair and clothes, but I have to have it so I can finally make a Rainbow Dash sim! XD
Pages: Prev 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: