Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: [Blue Blood]5 Skeleton Blushes  (Read 48530 times)
Pyxis
Will always be
Macabre Miscreant

on hiatus

« on: December 18, 2011, 12:45:14 PM »

Kicker-friendly^

Hi guys, Pyxis here. I recently started playing TS3, which also means that I immediately had to learn how to create and begin converting some of my favourite things from TS2 for my TS3 sims. Grin Anyway, these are pretty straightforward, I just converted Nymphy's face textures from the zombie boy skin she made for TS2, and I also used her alphas from the masks of that skin she made as a base for mine.

A warning, these masks do strange things on darker skinned sims in-game (cas looks fine, oddly enough). It doesn't make it unusable imo, but the mask takes on a sort of blotchy, painted texture as you can see up there on Paige - it also seems to look better on full opacity to take full advantage of that look. If anyone knows what the problem is or how to fix it, please let me know.

Now on to the more technical stuff. You can find this in the blushes category, which seemed to make more sense to me than in costume makeup, because you're less likely to want to wear a blush with this than contacts or something, right? Tongue There is one recolourable channel, and as far as I know blushes can't be layerable, so these aren't either. Lipstick shows up on top of the mask.

Edit: The blotchiness is a graphics card thing, and won't affect you if you don't already have the blotchy makeup issue.

* preview.png (45.11 KB, 150x150 - viewed 166564 times.)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 08:19:41 PM by Pyxis » Logged

ebbyashia
Sweet and a
Macabre Miscreant

Whatever they say, never change your way!

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 01:36:15 PM »

Oh my god... I love you ♥♥♥ This is one of the most missed items in TS3!

Jessy
drown me in sorrow
Macabre Miscreant

hollow as the promises of yesterday

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 02:12:10 PM »

These are brilliant! If I install TS3, I will definitely snag these first. How fantastic. Cheesy

tumblr livejournal dreamwidth

*a lot of my dropbox links aren't working, i will slowly work on fixing them but if you have a certain thing you want, please pm me*
basically on a hiatus at this point, but you can always message me for anything
neuroticrobotic
Macabre Miscreant

Square-ier

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 06:23:16 PM »

My goodness! These are wonderful! Thank you!

I'm not certain, but the issues on the darker skins may be a pet's patch problem(1.26 I think)? All of my makeup seemed to look different after that patch, but it disproportionately effected makeup on darker skinned sims in-game.  Angry

(lj)       (dw)       (tumblr)
BleakOptimism
Thingamabob
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 07:06:02 PM »

These are absolutely FANTASTIC!  Did this make-up for real just last weekend, perfect timing.  Thanks for making and sharing them

phoenixfg
Kindergoth

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 08:40:13 PM »

Oh wow! These look amazing! Thanks so much for converting and sharing!

Lace
Macabre Miscreant

permanently retired

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 08:44:12 PM »

*gasp*
These transferred over beautifully!! I definitely forsee them getting used quite a bit in the future, thank you so much! Cheesy

tomorrow's dream tonight
Mortal Tears
Quirky & Dark = Win.
Grimly Fiendish
Kindergoth

The games I play.

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 10:43:01 PM »

Thank you so much, these are beyond perfect and will be abused in my game. Cheesy
The Wicked
Gloom Cookie

Spit down the wishing well.

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 07:56:51 AM »

Oh these are splendid! I've been looking for more funky makeup like this, thank you very much.

"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."-Lemony Snicket
jmtmom
Undead

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 10:46:54 AM »

These are awesome! Thanks for sharing.
Nyks
Undead

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 01:39:19 AM »

These are wonderfull! Thank you, very much, I sort of missed them!

Kopfwurst
Grimly Fiendish
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2011, 08:17:47 PM »

This is awesome - thank you so much for sharing!
...and I really love your gorgeous, colourful pictures! Heart burp

"I understand how scissors can beat paper, and I get how a rock can beat scissors, but there's no fucking way paper can beat rock. Is paper supposed to magically wrap around rock and leave it immobile? Why the hell can't paper do this to scissors? Screw scissors, why can't paper do this to people? Why aren't sheets of college ruled notebook paper constantly suffocating students as they take notes in class? I'll tell you why, because paper can't beat anybody. A rock would tear that shit up in 2 seconds. When I play rock paper scissors, I always choose rock. Then when somebody claims to have beaten me with their paper I can punch them in the face with my already clenched fist and say, oh shit I'm sorry, I thought paper would protect you, you asshole."
drunk piano
Kissproof
Gutter Punk

24 frames a second

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 01:26:10 AM »

These masks really made my day! Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing!

Anebrd
Gutter Punk

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 01:03:53 PM »

I think it looks marvelous. It has inspired to recreate my favorite sims 2 sim, a lovely zombie lass named Charlotte.
Riskia
Kindergoth

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 09:45:31 AM »

These are truly beautiful! <3

If I may ask: How did you get the vampire fangs on your Sim? It would be much appreciated to be able to have them on mine as well! ^,..,^
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: