Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oops, I fell into the Time Machine. *Winners Announced*  (Read 65413 times)
Dr Jenfold
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

Winter is Coming Bitches!

« on: April 15, 2009, 03:18:41 PM »

Announcing a new contest that I've dreamt up and decided to host

Meet Sienna and Archie, they're frighteningly good at physics and have been trying to build a time machine togther ever since they met at university. Last week an electrical storm happened and a surge of electricity activated the proto-type time machine and one of them was sucked through the portal.

Download Sienna Daum style In other words just extract the folder from the zip and shove it in your downloads folder.

When they awoke, dazed and bruised they realised it had worked! They were in another time. But then the realisation dawned that if they wandered about in their 21st century garb they'd probably be burned as a witch, or thrown in prison for not being quite right, and if they wanted any hope of getting home they couldn't allow that to happen.

Download Archie Daum style In other words just extract the folder from the zip and shove it in your downloads folder.

But the lost sim was lucky, after 3 jumps to different time periods they finally got home.

Which leads me on to my contest, it will be three rounds run over approximately 6 weeks. Round one will kick off on Sunday the 17th of April.

Your challenge is to pick one of either Sienna or Archie to be your lost sim. As each round happens I will announce the year they've jumped to and any additional twists to the round, (which will probably involve some mild story telling) and your task is to make them over so outsiders don't know that they're not from that time.

The sim's skin and facial features must remain the same, but you can change eye color with contacts, and hair colour at will.

Judges

This contest will be a judged one and your judges are Me, Steerpike and Fainiel.

Prizes

Will include this beautiful hair retexture by Ghanima.

This hair retexture by Fainiel

Other prizes will be announced as I get them so watch this space.

Round one is on and ends on 1st May.

If you have any questions or querys before the contest kicks off please ask.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 12:43:01 AM by jenfold » Logged

Everything is Wank!
Dr Jenfold
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 03:19:47 PM »

So I lied about the start date for the contest.  Cheesy Having managed to sort myself out quicker than I thought I would, I've decided to kick off the first round today.

Your sim falls through the portal, it's cold and it feels like forever, but then suddenly you thud to the ground. It's a ground made of rather orangey wood, in a rather orange room. A girl sitting on a groovy looking chair stands up and stares at you in a confused manner.

"Woah Man! Who are you?"

Your sim realises they've landed at some point in the 1960s as they run for the door.

For this round your challenge has 2 parts.

Firstly dress them to blend in with the era and show us where they've found to stay.

Secondly they've landed at just the right point in the decade to witness a well known event or meet a famous person, tell us a bit about it. I leave the choice of who or what to you. Beatles mania, moon landing, anything else you can think of...And your sim can be anywhere in the world.

And since I've specified an event I will allow photoshopping of an image onto a suitably 60s looking tv screen if you need to. I don't expect reams of text for the story, just enough to let us know what's going on. And you are allowed to use up to 8 pictures in the telling.

This round will close in 2 weeks at 10pm GMT on the 1st of May.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 05:37:41 AM by jenfold » Logged

Everything is Wank!
Dr Jenfold
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 03:20:02 PM »

Round Two

Your sim suddenly gets sucked out of the 1960s and is again tumbling through time. Then, suddenly a flash, and they hit the floor so hard they want to throw up.

Seconds later they look up to find that they weren't lucky enough to end up back in their own time. A decidedly Victorian gent, in a decidedly Victorian room, where you've just landed wants to know:

"Who the blazes are you? And what are you doing in my dammed house"

You realise that the height of 1960s fashion must look scandalous, head for the door, and make your escape.

Again this round has two parts.

Part one

Make your sim over in a Victorian style so they can blend in, and be sure give us some clear pictures of this make-over in your entry.

Part two

While wandering about in Victorian times you are amazed to spot someone who looks just like the time machine building buddy you left behind, except it's not them. Maybe it's a forgotten ancestor, maybe it's a co-incidence, either way you are drawn to following them, some might say you're a bit of a stalker.

Your challenge is to tell us about what this person does in their Victorian life.

The entry should be 10 pictures or less.
This round will close at 10pm GMT on May 15th.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 12:04:23 PM by jenfold » Logged

Everything is Wank!
Dr Jenfold
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 03:20:17 PM »

Round Three

Goodbye Victoria and corset training. By now your sim is getting quite used to the sensation of being sucked through time, their only worry is where they'll end up.

And this time when they land it's very worrying. Try as they might they can't recognise anything from their history books, and then suddenly they realise that they've somehow found their way to the future.

You have 10 pictures to give us a suitably futuristic make-over of the sim and tell us about the future they've landed in and the people there. I've intentionally left this fairly wide open, so go crazy!

This round will close on Friday the 5th of June at 22.00 BST.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 02:41:24 PM by jenfold » Logged

Everything is Wank!
Mr. Sullivan
Desperate Art Student
Macabre Miscreant

Get out of my Park.

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 04:04:00 PM »

Count me in. This sounds quite exciting Smiley

Fancysandwich
If you say so...
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

I'll leave home!

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 04:13:20 PM »

This contest looks wonderful.  Count me in too.
graphicity
Still Weird
Gutter Punk

be quiet

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 04:42:05 PM »

I'm in!!!

Arget
Gutter Punk

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 04:47:19 PM »

Count me in too! I love tome travels Cheesy
urinalcakes
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 05:19:00 PM »

Hrm.
I think it's high time I participated in a GoS contest.
Count me in!
Anyerfillag
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 06:07:47 PM »

Time Travek you say? Oh I am so so so in Cheesy

And when you say skin, does it have to be the one you uploaded with them? Or is it you can't change skintone colour?

LovelyChelseaMeterMaid
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 09:02:30 PM »

I might actually participate in this :O
Shapeshifter Raven
YumYums McGee, Emperor of Evil
Gloom Cookie

Team Winchester

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 09:07:31 PM »

Does this mean we create what they are wearing or is it just a makeover contest?
I'm a bit new to the competitions is all.

YumYums McGee, Emperor of Evil
Tea Leaf
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 11:01:17 PM »

This sounds fun. Smiley I think I might participate.

Achmed Bin Sizza
Sizza Crazyfingers the Derplegacy Master.
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

General Pussycat

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 11:28:46 PM »

Sounds like fun, I'll wait for round 1 to begin though

Quoth from Feverish:
"If he didn't want to be watched he shoulda moved his fat ass from the window. That gorilla was a drama whore"
Missbonbon
Grimly Fiendish
Undead

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2009, 11:33:49 PM »

Oooh this sounds like fun! Due to time constraints nowadays, I might not be able to compete, Sad but could we pm you prizes if we wanted to contribute something?

My dreamwidth!
Please do NOT put any of my creations on any paysite whatsoever.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: