Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tutorial: Repository Method Using Base Clones  (Read 3431 times)
nixy
« on: May 12, 2009, 05:57:45 PM »

This tutorial uses a specific set of base clone files which you can download here. These are versions of a basegame file (the Musee Public vases) that have been altered to speed up the process of making deco objects and (hopefully) eliminate mistakes in getting a file into the game. Anyone can make their own set of customized base clones once they know what they want - I just decided to share mine.

This is not a tutorial for an absolute beginner. You should know how to make a mesh already, and it is probably a good idea to have at least tried the repository method prior to this. This is NOT a new method, it's just a shortcut version of the regular repository technique that is facilitated by using the base clone meshes.

If you want to actually make the Warhol painting meshes, you can get the .obj files and textures here. There are .obj files for three meshes - the two shown in the tutorial and an additional slave mesh that lies flat on the floor. The textures are in png format. I made these meshes originally (along with a Warhol Brillo box!) for Jenfold's time machine contest, but I had the usual game trouble and so didn't get to enter after all.

Mod note: The specific set of base clone files nixy mentions are unavailable

* thumbnail.jpg (14.6 KB, 150x150 - viewed 5184 times.)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 07:00:42 PM by shastakiss » Logged
Azaya
Doomful frog
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

on hiatus; please pm on tumblr or DW.

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 03:57:48 PM »

Oh hey, this is really neat. Thanks for writing this up, nixy, I can't wait to try this. Cool

Influence
Undead

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 04:05:39 PM »

Sadly the link to clone files is dead. Can somebody reupload them, please?
shastakiss
Overseer
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 05:40:27 PM »

The Mediafire and Box (with the Redirector) links in this post work for me... Am I looking at the wrong thing?
nintendolover13
Professional Sassmaster
Macabre Miscreant

Ally Cat

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 06:14:08 PM »

When clicking the download link, it leads to a page error (for me anyways) and I think that is why it is broken?
The error page says:
An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

shastakiss
Overseer
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 06:58:03 PM »

Influence (and nintendolover13), I'm sorry I didn't notice the link took me to a retired thread which you're right, is off limits. That thread was retired because nixy accidentally uploaded a text file instead of packages and never got around to fixing it. We still kept this thread up since it does have some useful information. I'll see if I can edit the main post to clarify that but it might be too old. Again I'm sorry I wasn't paying enough attention  Embarrassed
nintendolover13
Professional Sassmaster
Macabre Miscreant

Ally Cat

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 07:01:05 PM »

Don't be sorry, I'm glad we all got it figured out Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: