Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Combine Propaganda Posters  (Read 4566 times)
peridox
« on: March 21, 2010, 12:43:07 AM »

When the Combine took over City 17, they took a common-on-earth approach to getting their 'message of peace' to the civilians: Propaganda posters! These are recolors of the game basic posters "We Call it Football" and "Surfing the Universe." (I'm not sure if these are basegame, but I -think- so. Let me know if not.) These are mostly just a test for me, trying to learn how SimPE works. But I figured since it goes with my other sets, I might as well release them!

These will be of GREAT interest to trivia buffs, as most of these are from the Beta of Half Life 2 and can no longer be found in the game files. The preview picture shows some of the most evident, including the original Counsul (Who was replaced by Breen), the Cremator NPC, and a City 17 poster. Take a look through these, since the older textures capture the much darker storyline that was scrapped almost entirely.

Thanks for looking! I hope to soon make the Aperture Science propaganda posters, and a little extra surprise from an unrelated Valve title.

* 2d9hu8.png (31.98 KB, 125x125 - viewed 29607 times.)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 08:03:45 PM by glennisonfire » Logged
pinketamine
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 11:15:01 PM »

I like them, thanks for sharing!

WIP in my Dreamwidth
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: