Pages: Prev 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2010.04 - Earth Day  (Read 199923 times)
Dirae
mythology buff
Kindergoth

« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2010, 11:37:52 AM »

I love this thread so damn much. Thank you everyone! My sims have lables to keep their crops straight, beautiful magazines to help with their green thumbs, lovely plant genes, beautiful flowers and garden tools, and skirts galore.

Its not even the 10th yet and my game has been so enriched.
btw.
Peggster and Aquilegia. I've tweaked my own version of the skirt/default. Just nudged the colors here and there and added a hippy dippy bit of embroidery so they'd look aged but not necessarily dirty or dingy. Is it okay if I upload that? I didn't do much to them admittedly. Just a slight personalization.

thanks everyone for the comments on my earthship! It means a lot coming from this talented bunch!
CuriousB, I'm the same way. I would love to build and live in an earthship one day. They fascinate me to no end. You can find plans for building them online, I think. You just have to be careful about leaks, so lining is important. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you post pics of the earthship you build.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 11:43:26 AM by Dirae » Logged
Aquilegia
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2010, 11:46:05 AM »

Dirae, I certainly don't mind! In fact, I'd love to have them so I'd have a different choice from the non-default skirts. Cheesy

Almighty Hat
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2010, 01:48:10 PM »

Ho dang!  Go to sleep for a few hours...

Pinketamine, these guys use only default genetics-- skin, eyes, plantsim overlays... whatever your defaults are is what will show up.  They're shown on my defaults because Maxis defaults don't make for pretty pictures.

Pixiegrrrl, I am flattered!  Mostly because I'm a Gemini, too.  Yes, a single Ideal would need to come out to put a multi-Ideal mod in, just like with PTs.  I didn't even think to cover that issue, sorry!

Nilou, thank you and you're welcome!  I hope you enjoy them.

Aquilegia, thank you, too!  I was going for something in the fay-pixie-elfin area-- either wilder or more playful than my alien fairies.

You know what I really like about this thread?  How rich and green everyone's pics are.  Usually in a thread with photos from a bunch of different members, the colors and photo styles are all over the map, but this month it's... all just these rich earthy greens and browns-- it's very soothing and kinda makes me want to go for a walk outside.

mrowcat
Gutter Punk

« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2010, 02:07:55 PM »

Nymphy - The primroses are beautiful, and the tools will come in handy.

Hat - You've done it again! I love your plantsim overlay replacement, and these multi-Ideals are the best I've seen.

I thank you both for these downloads!

Amanda - Carefully disguised as a responsible adult.
Lace
Macabre Miscreant

permanently retired

« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2010, 03:03:06 PM »

Hat, that multi Ideal Plantsim mod is awesome. I really like the sims you've included with it.

Dirae, those skirts look beautiful! But have you only recolored the default replacement versions? I'd like to get a custom version in-game. (since I've hidden almost all maxis clothing, haha)

tomorrow's dream tonight
Funky Poacher
Of a Solar and Lunar Race
Gloom Cookie

Mmmmmmmanservant

« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2010, 03:19:33 PM »

"Fairies at the Bottom of the Garden" reminds me of a John Entwistle song... the mod will work perfectly with my 'hood, too, so merci Hat. And those skirts are terribly (hehe) beautiful, Dirae. I actually like the first one the best, even without the 'aged' affect.

"Let that pass, I shall be beloved - I want no more"

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1639077/
Morganna
Medieval Simmer
Grimly Fiendish
Undead

AV and sig by Andavri

« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2010, 04:51:23 PM »

Multi-Ideal-Plantsims! *does cartwheels*

Seriously, everything this month is great -- and like Dirae said, we're not even a third of the way through!  Cheer

*goes on downloading spree and breaks thanks button*

Nymphy
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2010, 04:52:32 PM »

Dirae, those are really pretty. Are they defaults or customs though?

Download necklaces

I think these fit in with these theme ok so! These are 21 necklaces based on work by ZephyrWoods at Etsy. Environment themed and mildy hippy! All of them are pictured in the image above. Mesh by Aikea included  ^_^
kissingyougoodbye
Overemotional
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2010, 05:05:18 PM »

Nymphy, I don't usually download necklaces, but I am going to download yours just because of the pure awesomeness of them Grin.

Potential_fate
Gutter Punk

« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2010, 06:58:41 PM »

@junky: how/where can I get something to hide maxis clothing?
Samabears
Maniacle and Awful
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2010, 09:12:06 PM »

Nymphy: I am in love with those necklaces! I want them all in real life too XD

Lace
Macabre Miscreant

permanently retired

« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2010, 10:00:40 PM »

Nymphy, those necklaces are great! I definitely have some Sims who will appreciate them...

Okay, here's my contribution...not too innovative but I think it definitely fits with the theme.

Like the image says, these are 8 recolors of the huge painting "Sim Noir Print" from Glamour Life Stuff. The painting recolors themselves are "kaleidoscoped" photographs - photos of flowers, trees, etc. flipped and copy-pasted around to make the designs. Very green and suitably trippy. They've been edited a bit to look less photograph-y.

Glamour Life Stuff is required, but if someone can find me a custom mesh with the same dimensions I'd be happy to transfer the textures over so everyone can use them. Smiley

Preview All Designs
DOWNLOAD

tomorrow's dream tonight
HopesAreHigh
Undead

« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2010, 10:34:48 PM »

GAHH! Junky, I love them! I just don't have Glamour Life Stuff. D:

Dirae
mythology buff
Kindergoth

« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2010, 12:31:30 AM »

Yay! The necklaces are so cute, and I must have those paintings!

eta: SORRY REDOWNLOAD. Noticed some bumpmap erros causing the recolors to be wonky. Fixed now.
http://www.box.net/shared/pemgu552vu
@junky: how/where can I get something to hide maxis clothing?
there are lots at Mod the Sims. You can hide pretty much anything. It really declutters your catalogue.
http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=640668
http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=1896448
and lots more.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 01:44:21 AM by Dirae » Logged
Almighty Hat
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2010, 02:20:12 AM »

Junky, thank you!  I had fun making them and taking pictures.  (Amazing how all I got was crap pictures using poseboxes, but when I let them Hang Out...)

Funky Poacher, I actually first heard the line in a poem I read as a little girl-- this one.  I'm glad you like them, and that they'll fit in your 'hood!

Morganna, yay, cartwheels!  I'm happy you're happy.

Dirae, that gray-on-gray textured skirt is absolutely lovely.

Pages: Prev 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: