Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fatal Frame 4 conversions  (Read 9507 times)
Matildarose
« on: May 06, 2010, 01:35:26 PM »

This may seem like more of a 'resource' than a request. I've found a site that has posted the textures used in the ghosts, backgrounds, outfits, and everything else straight from the Fatal Frame 4 game here: http://www.fatalframe4.net/ (go to game rips). Of course, no actual game rip, or else I wouldn't post the link. If this still falls underneath GOS's 'not allowed' rules, let me know.

What would I like? Anything, really. There's a lot of stuff in there that'd be perfect for being approximated to meshes we have, rather that something that's exact, as well as wallpapers, paintings, and so on. I can't request one thing over another, because many things may be hard to decipher or port over to Sims 3, but some of the ghost models'd be perfect for creepy makeup or clothing.

Edit: Finally found a good image of the three heroines of the game:

I tried making a skirt using the pattern of the character on the far right, but I'm horribly inept at making anything look good in Sims 3 just yet. I might take a crack at seeing if I can convert some things into wallpapers for Sims 3 myself, when I have time.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 01:45:58 PM by Matildarose » Logged
aikea-guinea
misery inspires
Macabre Miscreant

i've already learned a bit of sin

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 02:58:01 PM »

Oooo pretty!  I make no promises, but I'm definitely going to dig through the rips and see if there's anything I can use.

Edit:  Had a peek at the textures, and (unfortunately) the clothing/skintone images seem like they'd be too small to work very well with TS3.  They're all 256x256/512x512, while TS3 uses 1024x1024.  I was hoping they'd have the object meshes in there, because the image size for those wouldn't matter, but sadly they don't.

Some of the environment textures look like they'd make decent patterns, however!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 03:11:18 PM by aikea-guinea » Logged

the edge of the big reveal
could be the end of the story
Matildarose
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 03:23:47 PM »

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for checking, however!

If you want to try a hand at making some of the items into textures, go ahead! There's tons of them that can be converted over to that. I'll try a few when I get some time myself- I'm new at it, so it'll be an adventure of sorts.
arfmoo
Kindergoth

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 06:31:41 AM »

I've begun tinkering around with, the woman in the middle in your picture, Ruka's dress.
Aside from the arm ruffles the dress is coming along nicely, I don't mesh so the ruffles will probably not make it into my version of the dress, they look kinda silly plastered onto her arm the way I've tried to implement them. :/ Anyway though, I want to add her necklace onto the dress, but I can't find a decent picture of it, and I've never played the game so I have no idea what it looks like. But I believe I've found the texture of her necklace.

From what I can tell there are three baubles in the front, and one in th back. The white rose being in the middle on the front. The other ones are usually so small in pictures they just look like dark blobs. If no one knows what order they go in I might just slap them together anyways to look pretty.

Will be back with previews later.
Matildarose
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 01:39:22 PM »

Oh wow! Thanks for undertaking this! As for the necklace, here's a link to the LP (Let's Play) of Fatal Frame 4, on the Something Awful forums: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3285052

There's ingame pictures, as well as videos. It's okay that you aren't able to get it to look *exactly* like it- when I saw that the site had rips of textures from the game, I had to share it here. Have fun with it! I'll have to try to make some patterns of some things too, when I have time to read the tutorials and guide myself through making one. They're a lot easier than clothing, that's for sure.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 04:30:53 PM by Matildarose » Logged
arfmoo
Kindergoth

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 07:21:47 PM »

So heres what I've come up with for the dress. Could be a little cleaner, but I suppose they weren't large images to start with.

It recolors pretty well and has three recolorable channels, the main part of the dress, the lace, and the bottom skirty part of the dress. I quite like it with patterns on the bottom.

I also included a file that alters the bump map, this file also alters the bump map of the original dress I used for the mesh, but I don't think it's noticeable. Took a picture so you can see for yourself, I altered the area around the straps

If you don't want to alter the original dress, you'll be able to see a bit of an outline of the straps from the old dress on the new one.
Sorry about that, I'd just make it a stand alone thing if I could find a way to do it without meshing software. :/

Any changes you think I should make?
Here is a link to download if you like, in .package files.
http://www.mediafire.com/?inim14mjxkm
Matildarose
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 01:12:26 AM »

WOW. You are *so* awesome! I can't thank you enough! When I saw the pictures I literally *squeed* aloud. Thank you so much!
Jill The Ripper
Malady of the Mad Lady
Gloom Cookie

Various variousnesses... and stuff.

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 08:21:25 PM »

This is so beautiful! I might have missed this if a friend of mine didn't point out the thread to me. This needs to be coffin kicked somehow!

jilliebee
Kindergoth

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 06:39:38 PM »

Quote from: Jill The Ripper
This is so beautiful! I might have missed this if a friend of mine didn't point out the thread to me. This needs to be coffin kicked somehow!
Much agreed ^^
It's gorgeous
Thanks so much for doing this for us!
Matildarose
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 01:54:19 AM »

I also agree. I was finally able to test it in my game, and it looks *fabulous*. However, I don't know if arfmoo wanted to modify it further or whatnot, nor did I know what happens when some fulfills a request. Otherwise I would have totally given a link on Sims 3 Finds blog or something. Smiley
Ameranthe
Formerly known as Liegenschonheit
Queen of the Zombies
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 02:03:42 AM »

If you want, feel free to repost this in the regular download section so it can be posted with the other updates.
arfmoo
Kindergoth

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 10:04:45 AM »

You all are sweet. Smiley I will post this as a creation then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: