Pages: Prev 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2010.09 - Community!  (Read 163071 times)
cheshirekatttt
Undead

« Reply #135 on: September 23, 2010, 12:36:02 AM »

This lot is called, Fit For a King. It is a community lot with stuff your sims can use to get fit. It has an outdoor swimming pool with ladders, diving board and a slide. There are several treadmills and a dance sphere in a fenced-in area. Within the treadmill "exercise yard" there is a small bath house with two rooms for your sims to have a bath after exercising. (You do know that my neighborhood isn't strictly medieval. More like medieval-ish. Unless I want to spend my entire life looking for cc to replace modern stuff, I stopped killing myself trying to find all old stuff. And my Download folder is a hair shy of 10G, so time to stop collecting and just play.)

The main building is set up for dancing on the first floor. There are two floors left empty for you to create your own activities/venues. The main building has two full bathrooms.

The lot has a lot of landscaping, an island kiosk for food, and a barbecue grill and tables. The inside of the building is not heavily furnished or decorated. No. I guess that would be an understatement. The truck delivering all the furniture managed to lose almost everything going too fast on a hairpin turn, wherefore the furniture fell off a cliff.

Front View:

Beautiful landscaping surrounds the pool:

The Bath House (Which also has a couple more treadmills on the rooftop):

Top Down View of the Lot:

This is a 50x50 lot. The Credits and a story are in the zip.
More images at photobucket

EPs: Base, University, Seasons, Nightlife, OFB, and Bon Voyage
Download Fit for a King from mediafire.

This lot is called Honey Mead Forest Hotel

This community lot is setup as a Hotel for your sims. There are five rooms. Some are simple and basic rooms they can stay the night, others are suites that are a bit more comfortable. However, this is not a ritzy hotel for your rich sims to enjoy posh living. But I think I remembered all the phones so they can order room service as I know that at least 4 rooms have tables and chairs.

I have to admit that I cheat and give my sims enough money to buy several suites so there are fewer locals to deal with trying to get into a room. So I never have to worry about phones. And, as you will see, I'm very particular about the door placement for each suite. I had nearly starving sims blocked in their room and room service couldn't get in either, because some local was hanging out in front of the door on one of the maxis hotel lots. So I made my sims visit all the hotels, just so I could learn how to make better rooms than the provided ones.

Look carefully at the room layouts because they are all different. One room is just a place to sleep. They will have to use one of the common area bathrooms on the first or third floor. (I just wanted to see what sim/family the game would put there.) All the other 4 rooms have restrooms in their room, I think. I still think even that room isn't as cramped as the pre-made ones.

The lot has hot springs, pond, indoor pool table, poker, and chess. It features two fireplaces and a small bar on the first floor. There are places to sit and gab or hang out with other sims. It has the correct doors and check-in desk, but if you have any problems let me know. I have a couple different hotels, but really like this one a lot. It is fully furnished and decorated fairly well. Of course, I left room for people to add their own clutter as I really don't have the patience for that.

Front View:

There are two fireplaces by the bar. This is one:

Part of the Game Room:

The simple bar:

Undecided? View more images of this fabulous lodge-like hotel, here!

Credits in the zip. Another story in the credits.

EPs haven't changed: Base, University, Seasons, Nightlife, OFB, and Bon Voyage

You know you want to download this hotel from mediafire.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 12:42:07 AM by cheshirekatttt » Logged
cheshirekatttt
Undead

« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2010, 01:41:34 AM »

These two lots don't match in architectural style, but they are a "set" in the story that I included in the zip, along with the credits. They are both houses designed to be used as sorority/Greek Houses for your Uni neighborhood of choice. If you like the design of only one, and cookie-cutter lots are allowed in your neighborhood scheme, you can always use it as a template. I guess. I like playing my sims in regular houses in Uni or in Greek Houses, instead of the dorms. Mostly so I have complete control of the sims residing there and can modify and decorate the lot as I want and when I want.

And best of all, if I dont' want to put up with other students/dormies, I can just lock the doors for a while. Yeah!

Turning the lot into a Greek House is so easy, I wish I'd looked into it ages ago. I explain it a little in one of the zips, maybe both. But I'm sure a Google search will give clearer info.

Both sororities can house 6 sims fairly comfortably. I personally prefer playing about 4 sims in Uni, so I don't always have all the beds filled. Not for long, if I can avoid it. I keep my sims so busy and on different schedules that I don't really need all six beds, but each person's playing style is different. Each lot has 4 full bathrooms.

The first one is Sorority Bold. These ladies hail from very rich families and are accustomed to getting what they want. They don't want to work hard to get anything, but rather expect that others will roll out the royal carpet with just a flash of their bank rolls. They are too selfish to be nice, so they are constant whiners, pranksters, back stabbers, and even thieves when necessary, to avoid working.

Front view:

Living Room:

Study Desks in Living Room:

Formal Dining Room and Bar:

Spacious and Modern Kitchen:

Many more images of Sorority Bold at photobucket.

Download
Sorority Bold from Mediafire.

The second is Sorority Meek. These ladies are just doing what it takes to take advantage of the higher learning opportunity they could not financially afford. They are bitter enemies of the Sorority Bold members, but do their best to stay focused on their studies and other responsibilities. They are willing to work hard, but they won't stand for being walked on or abused.

Front view:

Open Plan Living, Study, Kitchen, and Dining:

Cozy Living Room:

Outdoor Dining:

More images of Sorority Meek at photobucket.

Download Sorority Meek from Mediafire.

Credits for both lots are in the zip(s). Another story in the credits about these two lots.
EPs: Base, University, Seasons, Nightlife, OFB, and Bon Voyage
neuroticrobotic
Macabre Miscreant

Square-ier

« Reply #137 on: September 25, 2010, 04:05:36 PM »

So, I know there's already an abundance of eateries submitted for this theme. Yet, I hope that this dinky diner I made may still fill some gap. This little bugger was made with simplicity in mind, so it should be easy to customize to your liking.

Additional Images: 1, 2, 3, 4

Unfortunately, I have all EPs and most SPs. I've never shared a lot prior to this so I'm unsure as to how the compatibility thing works. As far as I can tell, it uses objects from all EPs except Freetime and Seasons. No SPs seem to be needed except M&G. Please tell me if there are any issues regarding compatibility or anything else - I will gladly update this submission.

Download
A few recolors are included in the zip. Absolutely none of the custom content is by me.

(lj)       (dw)       (tumblr)
teatime
Nug Licker
Grimly Fiendish
Undead

« Reply #138 on: September 25, 2010, 07:31:42 PM »

Ooh, I really like the simplicity of that diner. It'll fit my neighbourhood perfectly. Thanks!
Quinctia
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #139 on: September 25, 2010, 07:53:51 PM »

I have another lot for you:

This would be the movie theater from my custom neighborhood, Manhattenton.

I'm pretty sure this is a 4x3 lot.  The cars in the lot are decorative cars.  While I have gone through and put spawnable parking spaces in these lots after packing them, I like having a few pure deco ones to place, because you'll see them in imposter mode throughout the neighborhood!  (Also, the dumpster is actually a neighborhood deco object placed using SaraMK's neighborhood objects anywhere mod.)

Once inside, visitors will instantly notice the bustling concession stand to the right.  (Popcorn's deco, the soft drink dispenser functions, and there's edible cupcakes and watermelon about, because that's what I had on hand in my downloads folder to sell.  I ran this as an owned lot, you might want to tear out some of the coolers and stuff if you choose not to.)

Movie posters around the theater entrances advertise what's showing and what's upcoming.

To the right of the entrance, there's a small games room...everyone needs something they can do while waiting for their showing to start.  Further on, there are men's and women's restrooms.

The restrooms are simple and small, like the rest of the settlement.

Though it may seem not much to us, having a two-screen movie theater was quite an advancement.  The screen is pretty advanced...

And there are plenty of seats for those crowded opening nights!

More pictures can be viewed here, starting about ten or so pictures in.

Are you interested?  Here's the CC list:
- Modern Pediment by Ailias
- Black Tornado Solid Steel Fence by CTNutmegger
- UpRite Column, 31% Taller by Sophie-David
- "Justa Extendable Arch", Top and Side by IgnorantBliss
- Floor 2_317 by Avenida
- Marblesque Contrast Tiles in Orange by Holy Simoly
- Milano Carpet #6 by Piggi
- Wall2_005 by Avenida
- Basic Paint in Black, Yellow Light by HystericalParoxysm
- Chocolate Stucco by LittleBarb
- Deco Cars by Cyclonesue
- Movie Marquee, Theater Screen, Popcorn Machine, Cups and Recolors by CTNutmegger
- Drink Dispenser by Exnem & Numenor
- Cupcakes by Exnem
- Watermelon by Simfantastic2 (from the Sims 2 Summer Life pack)
- Stone Garden Bench by DH-sims
- Movie Poster mesh & Recolors by TFS
- Kitchen Basic Island by Buggybooz (counter included as master mesh)
- Toilet Stall recolor by Piggi
- Hello Kitty pinball machine by SparkleSim
- JGWhiteus ceiling tile and controller (for lot with included ceilings)

This lot was made with and requires Uni, NL, OfB, and Seasons.

Since I lack AL, I use buyable ceiling tiles in all of my buildings.  I have made the lot available with these tiles AND without, for those who don't like them or who have AL and can have better ceilings.

Download:  Breed's Cinema (without ceilings)
Download:  Breed's Cinema (with ceilings)

CuteLilDeadGirl
Undead

My boy bakes muffins

« Reply #140 on: September 26, 2010, 05:20:43 PM »

This is my first ever lot extraction and upload, so please tell me if I've done anything wrong!

This is my Legacyville Cemetery, which is categorized as a community lot.  When creating it, I wanted to capture the atmosphere of a small graveyard in the southern Australian countryside (where I live) as opposed to a city cemetery.  However, unlike real life Australian cemeteries, this one has two sections.  One side is dedicated to sim graves, the other side is a pet cemetery.  There is a wall dividing the two sections and seperate gates for each.  Which is which is quite obvious - the pet section has several animal themed "monuments" and is the one with lions guarding the gate.  Obviously, I had made a copy of it long before I ever populated it with real sim graves, which is the version I am uploading.  Rest assured though that there are plenty of pretend graves!  It has plenty of room for your own sims' gravestones as they occur. It is surrounded by a windbreak of pines, which is quite common here in Australia.  Like most real cemeteries, there are no bathrooms.  There are a few benches for your sims to sit down on if they get tired from looking at everything, though.  It's mostly filled with decorative objects, so your sims will peruse the gravestones, flowers left on graves, etc.  There is one open grave with a dead nanny yet to be buried inside.  After all, I wasn't trying to treat the place too seriously - I'd rather it be a little amusing than depressing!  To this end, a human statue has also set up shop just outside the gates.  Outside the fences surrounding the cemetary is dead grass.  This is placed to minimize the "glowing lot edge effect" if your sims are visiting at night.

Things You Should Know:
I have all EPs and SPs installed, so this will probably require them all.
If you have ACR installed, the open grave containing the dead nanny will attract sims wishing to woohoo and they will climb in for a hot tub like woohoo on top of said dead nanny.  Sims cannot usually use this grave as a hot tub, however.  I think it was cloned from the hot tub and ACR treats it as such.

Previews: 1 2 3 4 5 6 Bird's Eye View

DOWNLOAD

Credits/CC Lists: 1 2

CC not included: The rusty streetlight recolors are not included in the download, but can be obtained right here at GOS.  They are not the replacement file, but the recolors of the Preventek Tri-Luminlight Streetlamp.

Policy: Do what you like, but do not reupload this lot or claim you made it.

Devalyn
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #141 on: September 27, 2010, 06:39:51 AM »

If you have ACR installed, the open grave containing the dead nanny will attract sims wishing to woohoo and they will climb in for a hot tub like woohoo on top of said dead nanny.

Shocked Why do I feel that I have to try this? Shocked

Erst wenn die Wolken schlafen gehn

kann man uns am Himmel sehn

wir haben Angst und sind allein

Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein
FadeToBlack
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

i came back haunted

« Reply #142 on: September 27, 2010, 02:35:36 PM »

Oh hell, I have to too. That's too funny.

baldymonster
Latent Appliance Fetishist
Gutter Punk

« Reply #143 on: September 27, 2010, 03:52:33 PM »

The Curious sisters own this bar in my Strangetown. Very simple and no, I don't think it could be more obvious what my favorite theme set is in AL. Smiley Comes with a shaded outdoor restaurant. 2x2 lot worth $31,523. One issue: the baseball bat on the wall looks kinda weird with part of the glove splicing into the wall. I thought about taking it out, but you know a righteous chick like Chloe's got to have a bat in reach at her establishment.

Download 194 Road to Nowhere: http://www.box.net/shared/m9cy633jug

- I have all EP's + M&G
- Also requires Teen Style Stuff, at least if you want one of the posters to show up
- Four CC items: a TSS preorder poster and an extracted Stories coffee pot from MATY, a group of bottles extracted by Mutske, and a phonebooth recolor by Evanesco
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 05:37:22 PM by baldymonster » Logged

CrabOfDoom
Be Havin' a Might Too Many Peg Legs, Matey
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

ho`ohanohano: surfer roth

« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2010, 11:50:38 PM »

Woo, made it in with 24 hours to go! My offering, however, is a simple one:

This is a default mesh to replace the Maxis community lot phone booths. Most of it is just cloned and repositioned Maxis, except for the sidewalls which needed to be made to fit. I was intending something a little bit retro, but whether that failed or succeeded, the booth no longer looks like it was installed by a wandering Swedish circus. And speaking of the blue and yellow:

This mesh will still pick up any recolors you may already have, such as these by evanesco (pictured; twelfth post down.) Booths must be recolored when you visit the lot in Build Mode, or with the cheat that enables buy/build mode in dorms. The game says the receiver is not redesignable. The new mesh is mapped to the original Maxis texture, so any recolors that do not have logos or text on them will work fine (to get the shading around the sidewalls right, the UV map was made square. This will distort images, text, and probably any elaborately detailed textures.) You can, of course, turn off the grid and butt a decorative sign up to the back or sides. Apologies for this, but the image map is small and has limited options.

Known issue, such as it is: if you have an EP where sims can walk to community lots, whichever method they use to get to the lot will be the only method available on the phone. I have confirmation that this is normal, even without the default.

Mesh has 701 polygons, about half of the Maxis original. As the phones have been on every comm lot since forever, this default is basegame compatible. Placement of the pole on the tile is original. Please do not upload this default with a lot without telling your downloaders. Surprise defaults are usually not fun. Otherwise, use as you will as long as it's kept free and you don't claim you made it.

>>DOWNLOAD

Many thanks to psychosim for pointing out the tutorial I used, and especially to marja, who recognized why the first test in-game didn't work.

mod note: new download link
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:47:48 AM by shastakiss » Logged

Kayleigh
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2010, 12:51:54 AM »

That's really nice, Crab! I love it, it's perfect. Nice and simple, like I like.

mrowcat
Gutter Punk

« Reply #146 on: September 29, 2010, 07:36:22 AM »

This, Crab, is what a telephone booth ought to look like. *snags*

Amanda - Carefully disguised as a responsible adult.
Marja
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2010, 07:57:12 AM »

It really is lovely, Crab. I'm glad it all worked out in time Smiley

Ja
Grimly Fiendish
Undead

« Reply #148 on: September 29, 2010, 03:46:50 PM »

Well well, I guess I made it in time. I don't like downloading lots, personally, so I'm surprised so many lots on this theme, haha. Anyway, here's my contribution. And yes, I'm experimenting with previews once again. Full preview is huge, but also contains valuable info, please check it.

FULL PREVIEW

(5.52mb)

CREDITS:
- Leesester for sign mesh
- Bethesda for Fallout meshes and textures I extracted
- SIMale for Simlish Font
- CG Textures/Deviantart for brushes and textures, I don't remember what I used. Maxis textures as well in several objects
- Adele because I slaved the glass in the OFB display to her build set here IMPORTANT: This set is required only for the OFB display, you'll get flashing blue glass if you don't.

Ah, I also included a collection file, please be aware that maxis recolors will not be included in the collection file, I don't know why. Anyway, enojy and please let me know if I broke it, I have all EPs by the way.

Funky Poacher
Of a Solar and Lunar Race
Gloom Cookie

Mmmmmmmanservant

« Reply #149 on: September 29, 2010, 07:19:53 PM »

!! I love the extracted Fallout clutter that some with your download, Ja! Thank's so much!

"Let that pass, I shall be beloved - I want no more"

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1639077/
Pages: Prev 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: