Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The better to see you with, my dear. (Default Replacement Eyes)  (Read 6033 times)
metalmoose
The Fabulous Killjoy
Kindergoth

« on: February 27, 2011, 09:57:07 PM »

I've been leeching this place for a bit, and then I felt bad, so I thought that I should contribute.
I've been playing The Sims 3 for a while, and I've never been satisfied with the game. My mods folder is about 2 gigs, and still growing (especially since I found GoS).

I've always had a problem with Ea's eyes

The fact that (in my opinion) it makes all my Sims look coked out probably has something to do with my dissatisfaction.

Eventually, I got bored of these, and I found Aikea Guinea's 'Multifoiled - Smaller Default Eyes with Subtle Color Variations':

Found here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/372768

I found these to be slightly large, and then I found HP's eyes: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=356157

But I really loved Aikea Guinea's eyes, so I decided to mash 'em together. Essentially, I took HystericalParoxsysm's work and used it, and I shrunk Aikea's and pasted it on top, shrinking it a bit. I also used Aikea's teeth, because I love her work. After hours of testing, I finally booted up The Sims 3, getting THIS:

(This is what you're getting, by the way)

I was so happy with the result that I decided to post these peepers here, at GoS (but of course, I messaged the both Aikea and HP to make sure there wouldn't be any bad blood).

More screenies?
Sure!
In Game:

Create-a-Sim:

These are DEFAULTS, not contacts, so they will overwrite your EA eyes. If you have any other Default Replacement eyes, you must pick ONE, or your game will do something that you wont like. I think.

If these have piqued your fancy (assuming I didn't muck something up somewhere, in which case, please let me know). The download link is below
http://www.mediafire.com/?g08zvb4hbp8xjav

If you encounter any problems, feel free to bitch at me below, and I will do my best to help out (I will take requests, but my skills are EXTREMELY limited, and I'm also WAY lazy)

Finally, you may do with my work what you like, but DO NOT claim it as yours. If you use my work you will have to give me credit for it, and also give credit to Aikea Guinea and HystericalParoxsysm, because I didn't actually do much, I just played with some files a little.
Also, NO paysites (as if that needed to be said).

* Default replacement thumbnail.png (19.26 KB, 100x100 - viewed 173060 times.)

wetkisses
Kindergoth

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 01:50:42 PM »

Thank you. I am going to give these a go.
Sweetlithium
Humuculus Junkie
Kindergoth

Memento mori nihil nemo ☠

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 05:09:59 PM »

Definantly going to try these out, they look wonderful

"Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growl when it's angry, and wag its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I
misterwho
Kindergoth

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 09:42:55 AM »

As I finally got The Sims 3 last week, I've been wrestling with eye defaults in my game for a while. When I saw your eyes, it was like a light bulb moment. You did an awesome job with this and these eyes aren't leaving my game any time soon!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: