Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sim Challenge /TS3/ May13th-June13th  (Read 24195 times)
Steerpike
painted jezebel
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

saor alba gu brath

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 11:24:39 AM »

MadeOfStardust - Double posting is both against the rules and unnecessary, the modify post button works just fine.

Please read over the rules, and consider this a warning.

I'll be a single thrown grenade into air so still
that the shockwave forms a perfect sphere.
scones
Is it dainty pastry time?
Gutter Punk

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 09:42:58 PM »

Harpy is so dang cute.  I love how her ears stick out a little - it's endearing.

Pluto looks great, and I think it's amusing how the fact that Pluto is totally not a planet has made him a bit crazy.

Malus has the perfect skin and lips, and her heart shaped face.

Thank you for hosting these challenges, this one gave me the kick in the rear to learn how to make tattoos.   I'm excited!   I could probably spend the whole month fussing, but I have other projects to focus on, so I best not.  I was inspired by the colors of the rusting metals.

"The water, it's watching me."

Bennett Lindenbloom
Lithium
Loner, Good Sense of Humor, Inappropriate, Hydrophobic, Artistic

Bennett has a face like a doll, which she does not like.   And is built a bit like a boy, which she does like.
She's happy on her own; she can find her own amusements.  But in the summer she also likes to try out for the roller derby.   And then she refuses to participate because she'd rather be home.

"Love your brain, no one else will do it for you."

Happy at last.

Skin is sunny by Ephemera, hair by aikea, eyebags by Arisuka, blush by lemonleaf, lashes and contacts by breyete, abstract pattern by DOmiNICZKA.  I also used most of the custom CAS sliders I could get my grubby mitts on.  (Eyebrows I'm not sure on, but possibly jessica2020)

EDIT:

I've put together a download with her .sim file, the silk pattern, the brain tattoo, and a document listing her CC.  Though since she's in a default skin I don't know if you really need the CC to make the .sim file work correctly?  As far as I know the game might just put random clothes on.

HERE
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 04:45:40 AM by scones » Logged

blog  |  tumblr
Peach E. Keen
Snozzberry flavoured.
Macabre Miscreant

The artist formerly known as Rhiannon.

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 10:10:10 PM »

MadeOfStardust -  Awww, Pluto's cute! He kind of reminds me of Jared Leto with his hair and eye makeup. Malus is great! I wish I had thought of Snow White for Apple.
scones - Bennett is adorable! I love the last picture of her, her face is so squishable!

----------------------------------------------------

And I'm done. I've had way too much free time on my hands.
My final sim is Ginnifer Washburn, who was inspired by Lust.

Ginnifer's a sweet girl. She minds her manners, listens to her mother, has never been kissed and even volunteers at the old folks home. Most would describe her as perfect... or maybe overachieving. Perhaps a brown noser? What most don't realize, is that Ginnifer is far from the person you see on the outside she's a fang banger. She works nights in a Fang bar, stripping for the vamps the come in, and sometimes she even lets them have a taste.

Okay so I kind of threw the last bit in because Ginnifer totally reminds me of Jessica from True Blood. As I was making her I was like, "Awww.. Jess!" Where's Hoyt when I need him?

-----------------------

Editing to add...

Download Ginnifer

I'd like to say I've uploaded Harpy so that she's CC free. (I figured it would make it easier for those who wanted the sim and not all of her CC.)

Sliders I've got installed: Jasumi's Brow Ridge & Nostril Definition. Johna's Sliders, Tamo's Plain Face Defaults. My default skin is M.Calero's Strawberry, but I think I've got rid of that.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 08:56:42 PM by Peach E. Keen » Logged
brilliantcat
Is neither brilliant nor a cat
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 04:05:19 AM »

Lovely sims so far!  Peach, Harpy's lovely and I definitely think 50's style pinup when I look at her.  Ginnifer DOES remind me of Jessica, now that you mention it!  She's so pretty with her sticky-outy ears ^_^
MadeOfStardust, I like Pluto's whole feel with the stone and ice.  Malus is completely lovely!
scones, I find her terribly cute.

I think I'm going to go with Option B, possibly C if I get into a groove.  Interesting prompts *rubs hands together*

I am like a child in my mother's arms.
Don't cry for me cause this is where I want to be.

Brilliantsims
Steerpike
painted jezebel
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

saor alba gu brath

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011, 04:11:03 AM »

scones - Bennett is an adorable little munchkin. Though she would probably punch me for saying that, I suspect.

Peach E. Keen - There is a real Jessica look about her, especially around the mouth and nose.

I am pushing the boat out here, and going for option C. Five is a massive amount of sims for me, considering how long I spend on one.

Anyway, this is Enigma, the result of a rambling train of thought that led me to think of Steve McQueen/Clint Eastwood type film stars who always play gruff and mysterious men with dark secret pasts. Anyway, I like Steve McQueen films, and he liked racecars, and thus Enigma came to be.

Listen Fight
Kindergoth

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011, 06:41:33 AM »

Peach E. Keen, Harpy's ears are adorable. I love her lips as well! And Ginnifer is beautifully made; she reminds me of TS2, in the best way. I wish I had her lips in real life! And her description is awesome.

MadeOfStardust, I love your interpretation of the prompt for Pluto. I think the traits you gave him are very clever. Malus is also well done; I love the twist of her traits.

scones, oh jeez, Bennet is ridiculously sweet. I love your description, especially the bit about her trying out for roller derby and then not going.  Grin

Steerpike, great interpretation for Engima! I liked your description of how you were inspired, and the sim himself is well done (loove the third picture). I like his cheekbones especially.

This melody will lead a child back to the desert.
Steerpike
painted jezebel
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

saor alba gu brath

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 08:34:58 AM »

Eee, thanks Listen Fight. If only you could see my sim bin, I am obsessed with cheekbones. Possibly because I have the most scottish face ever, and therefore none of my own.

Moving swiftly on! Mist, who is a vampire because she is based on a character in a story I wrote where there were vampires and it was misty. My mind, it is so original. Also, her colouring is muted, because that is how things look through mist, all pale and indistinct.

MadeOfStardust
Kindergoth

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 05:25:36 PM »

Sorry about the double posting; my first post came hours before the second, so I didn't even realize. I'll be more careful.

Also, sorry about the quality of these pictures. I was having a lot of trouble with my computer, so I took them very quickly and realized too late that I hadn't taken enough good close-ups. Sad

Anyway, here are my final three Sims for the challenge. Everything that could go wrong during the 'photo shoot' did (in fact, one of my Sims died in a fire while I was taking picture of a different one!) but it was still really fun. The entire family was inspired equally by the prompts Secret, Victorian, and Lust. I am certainly no expert in Victorian era interior decorating, so I apologize in advance if these pictures fail to give off the feel I intended.  

Here is the White family: John, Anna, and their daughter, Mary. At first, they seem like a very proper, and even conservative, family. In many ways, that's exactly what they are. But this beautiful Victorian home hides it's own fair share of secrets...

and John and Anna are certainly no different. Nobody in their family knows that they quite happily fulfill all their lusty fantasies when their daughter is away.

And certainly no one would ever guess that Anna is unequivocally in control of this relationship, and that strong, masculine John quite enjoys it that way.

At the edge of the family's yard, Mary pursues a lust of an entirely different kind... the lust for adventure.

Behind an old, vine-covered fence lays the secret world where the young girl's dreams can come to life.

She always wears her best dress, hoping to catch the eye of the Fairy Queen. In this magical place, she is free to swing as high as she like, climb trees, watch interesting insects, and anything else the rest of the world tells her is improper for a young lady to do in her spare time.

In this secret place, she gets to be free.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 05:32:56 PM by MadeOfStardust » Logged
scones
Is it dainty pastry time?
Gutter Punk

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 07:01:13 PM »

Oh, I love the description of Mary wearing her best dress to attract the fairy queen.

steerpike - I like how Enigma doesn't look too...young.   He looks like he would work in a garage, but also be a retired hostage negotiator, and he will get your daughter back - from the meteor.

Also, Mist has a fantastic feeling about her.

Peach E. Keen - Gin is wonderful!   I just love those ears and how she's such a tiny little thing.

There's certainly sims here I'd love to nab, and since the blurb in the first post says to share I went ahead and edited Bennett to include a download link.   Since I don't feel right wanting things and then not sharing. Cheesy

blog  |  tumblr
bilo
serial heartbreaker
Gloom Cookie

It's just pure mindless vandalism!

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2011, 09:42:33 AM »

Finally finished touching up this one... D:

This is Mason, and he was inspired by Lithium.

The first thing that comes to mind when I hear the word lithium is the antidepressant. And antidepressants remind me of an old character I have that's sat around in the back of my head for years.

Mason's a runaway that has never been very fond of himself. He's got severe social anxiety and doesn't do well in crowds - when faced with them, he tends to get anxiety attacks. He's quite introverted as well... but through all of his depression and self-loathing, there's a childish curiosity he harbours. He's always very eager to learn and please. This causes him to be taken advantage of pretty easily... but somehow he's still trucking on.

Download here

I included his cc list in the zip... He was made with custom sliders though so make sure you have Jonha's sliders and his headshape slider. Also these facial sliders. ^_^
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 04:15:41 AM by bilo » Logged

Lotus
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2011, 10:11:55 AM »

This month is full of pretties!
Peach- Harpy is super cute, I love her eyes! And Ginnifer is precious! And couldn't see her being a fang banger, she does a great job hiding it.
MadeOfStardust- Mary story is so cute and her parents reversed roles is fun, the whole family looks for a way to be free. I can relate with them. Malus and Pluto are awesome, I was thinking about the prompt apple but the snow white story didn't pop in my mind and I agree that pluto looks like Jared Leto.
scones- Bennett face is lovely, and I like the fact that she doesn't like it and prefer her boyish body. Had to snag her for my game.
Steerpike- I love how you got the inspiration for Enigma, and he's a great looking guy I really like his facial structure. And Mist is mesmerizing and bit little creepy at the same time which makes her gorgeous!
bilo- Poor Mason, he's got a sad story. Hope someday he'll find someone who will truly care for him. His face is adorable, love his profile.

And after seeing so many nice sims and the cool prompts decided to give a try with option A, prompt Summer.
So I present my sim with the super original name Summer Haze.
She was inspired by the 'bad' feelings the summer bring us specially laziness, sleepiness and sloppiness. So I tried to make her face look like she's in a lethargic state most of the time. I tried to make her face look strong, so it would contrast with her careless personality.

Download Summer
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 08:05:42 AM by Lotus » Logged
Peach E. Keen
Snozzberry flavoured.
Macabre Miscreant

The artist formerly known as Rhiannon.

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2011, 11:49:56 AM »

Thanks for the comments, everyone!  Heart burp

Steerpike - Enigma is great, just seeing him makes me wonder. And Mist is beautiful, she actually looks somewhat sickly, but being a vampire, you know she isn't.
MadeOfStardust - The family is nice! I would have never thought John and Anna were into that sort of thing.
bilo - Oh Mason. He looks so sad. I'd take him and maybe introduce him to a couple of nice sims who wouldn't use him.
Lotus - Summer has such a strong face! I love what you did with the theme. I would have thought differently.

---------------------------------------------------

I'm thinking I'll try on a new poison, and will attempt C. My next sim is inspired on Romeo. I'm also going to go back and add download links to the ones I've posted. I may be slow at adding them, but I'll for sure do it.

Lloyd Davenport is you average hot-blooded male. He only has one thing on his mind, and it always shows. Lloyd has a way with words, and can talk his way out of any situation. He also can wrap any willing woman around his finger with a look from his heavy hooded eyes. Unfortunatley for those woman, while Lloyd is a fantastic kisser and flirt, they don't realize he's got some serious commitment issues, and they're just another notch on his bed post.

-----------------------

Editing to add...

Download Lloyd

I'd like to say I've uploaded Harpy so that she's CC free. (I figured it would make it easier for those who wanted the sim and not all of her CC.)

Sliders I've got installed: Jasumi's Brow Ridge & Nostril Definition. Johna's Sliders, Tamo's Plain Face Defaults. My default skin is M.Calero's Strawberry, but I think I've got rid of that.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 08:57:23 PM by Peach E. Keen » Logged
Listen Fight
Kindergoth

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2011, 08:55:09 PM »

Steerpike, I love Mist with an unholy passion. She turned out wonderfully!
MadeOfStardust, They're such a unique interpretation of the prompts! I too like Mary very much. Smiley
bilo, Ohhhh dear, I'd love to have that boy in my game. Beautiful work on Mason! His story is very poignant, too.
Lotus, Summer is such a great interpretation. I think you really nailed the sluggishness that summer can bring; everything about her makes me think of sleepy summer afternoons.
Peach E. Keen, Lloyd is adorable! I love his roguish face.

Well, tinypic finally decided to cooperate with me. This is Caridin, inspired by the prompt Amethyst. According to Wikipedia, the ideal grade of an amethyst is called Deep Siberian. This immediately took me back to when I was little and watching my brother play video games, one of which had his character shooting up a soldiers' hideout in Siberia. (I think the game was Timesplitters 2). I remember a snowstorm, and the frantic whisperings of one of the Soviet NPCs. Also when I was little, I was given a fake amethyst necklace with a gold chain. I remember how much I loved that necklace, even though it was eventually lost. So from those two things, Caridin was born. She's sort of a mash-up of childhood and winter. And video games, since she was partly inspired by one and her name is from one. Grin

She is incredibly stuck-up and obsessed with beauty- both in herself and her surroundings. She's pretty distant from people and treats them coldy, but she does have a naivety to her, reflected in her childlike face.

I hope you like her!

This melody will lead a child back to the desert.
Checar
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2011, 08:17:59 AM »

The participation prize just lingered me in..
I would lick Poison A  ^_^
bilo
serial heartbreaker
Gloom Cookie

It's just pure mindless vandalism!

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2011, 08:00:06 PM »

I'm glad you guys like Mason! :3 I'll upload him sometime within the next couple days and edit my post with the link.

Lotus - I love Summer, I think I might download her. Tongue
Peach - Lloyd looks so cute and boyish! He's adorable - but looks are deceiving, I guess. XD
Listen - Caridin is so unique! I love her nose and pouty lips.

---

I've finished my last sim for the challenge. She was inspired by Wrath.

This is Morrigan. Wrath tends to make me think of dominance and power... and well, The Morrigan is the goddess of war and fertility. So naturally she was the first being that came to mind... The Morrigan can take the form of many animals, though generally she prefers the crow. It's said if a soldier sees her washing his armour/clothes in the water, then death will come for him soon.

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: