Pages: Prev 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Secret Santa 2011 Gifts  (Read 517041 times)
SkyWookiee
And now for something completely different
Macabre Miscreant

Dream Operator

« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2012, 01:52:24 PM »

Thanks, everybody! So generous of you to share!

http://skywookiee.deviantart.com/
http://skywookiee.dreamwidth.org/
I come from the net. Through systems, sims and neighborhoods to this place: Garden of Shadows. My format: .package, to mod and default replace.
shastakiss
Overseer
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2012, 02:03:34 PM »

Ack - still not done saying thanks  

AdmiralAeris, much needed cowboy boots on much loved meshes! Age conversions and morphs and everything - thank you so much!
James Sunderland, I fell in love with your sims instantly! Thank you for making me want to start a neighborhood with a population of three (3).
Alleliua, those stairs! Are you kidding me? So gorgeous and what a great idea! I don't play a period game but I will be using all of it, thank you so much.
keoni, I agree with soo: I love every single bit of it! Thanks for everything, especially the elder clothes.
RoxehFoxehh, thank you for all the conversions - that Sentate skirt with wedges looks especially lovely and versatile!
ZeroDark, the colors for the furniture look great, and the patterns you choose for AnYe's dresser door are especially pretty. Thanks!
Aquilegia, I love this idea! Such pretty woods for the counters and such pretty colors for the appliances, many thanks for making kitchens so much easier.
SkyWookiee, the contrast between the ass-kicking name-taking dining set and the comforting pretty boxes of chocolates is so crazy-cool - thank you!
saricoya, you made several houses worth of retro furniture in great colors and patterns using great meshes? Wow - thank you!!
apollo, well, hello, 70's pc of fabulousness! And that mirror is so elegant - thank you for all of it.
Lilyth, so much pretty in one gift-wrapped box! I love ALL of it and thank you for sharing so much gorgeousness!
Tea Leaf, *gasp* that lip blend is beautiful! I love the girls' dresses too. Thanks muchly!
io, oh, it's all so delicious but those pants! *pants at pants* Thank you for creating such lovely gifts!
Simbic, I liked that Nouk hair but thanks to your edit, now I love it! And thank you also for making MsB's frames shiftable - a great catalog-shrinking idea.
Zx_Ta, thank you for the pets posters and the mis-matched undies and the extracted tiles, all of it is going in my game!
cindrasims, Adele's Moroccan set is one of my favorite so thank you for the new patterns. And the bamboo texture on the BV scroll is brilliant.
Hcove, thank you very much for more ts3 conversions - I'm addicted to them!
Quinctia, you put some of my favorite colors on one of my favorite counters - thanks!
Pikkon, bookcase stairs for the win! Thank you for such a great set.
Anyerfillag, pretty walls, great furniture recolors and old-timey Olive Specter looking grumpy? Yes. Thank you!
Synkka, thank you for the cute shorts and the edits you made to the cute mesh! I have a weakness for stripey walls...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 02:53:15 PM by shastakiss » Logged
Jenga_Jane
Canstralian
Macabre Miscreant

Call me Jane. :)

« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2012, 02:14:01 PM »

So I got my gift a couple of days ago, but I am just now getting the chance to sit down and sort through the things I have missed for the month of December in the comm. My santa was Beadqueene, who made me a ton of lovely recolours/retextures and a fabulous family home, I just had to share with everyone. To quote her message: (and don't worry, I re-uploaded beadequeene's images to my own imgur account, but let the download links be)
Quote from: beadqueene
Hi Jane!

I hope you had a very Merry and Blessed Christmas Smiley  Here some gifts I made for you:

Your wish list indicated that you liked homes for families, so first I built you a lot that is completely CC-Free.  There are a lot of pictures in the zip

Second, I made you some Basegame recolors of the cheap furniture using all 20 of iCad's colors + 5 pastel shades.  The pieces I recolored are the Craftmeister Single Bed, Cheap EZ Morrissy Double Bed, Crazy 8 sidetable, Retratech Economy Desk, Simplesit Chair, and Talking Table

Swatch / Download see mod note below

Last, I stalked some of your older posts and learned that your favorite movie is Wall-e... so I made you some vintage style poster recolors of Wall-e, Up, and Disneyland (20 designs total) -- IN SIMLISH!  Each design is available on your choice of Meshes: Surfing the Universe, Pineapple, or the BV Travelkeeper

I hope you enjoy, and please feel free to share (you can use my links if you don't want to re-upload them)

Heart burp

Your Secret Santa,
Beadqueene

Thanks so much, Beadqueene. Simlish Wall-E posters pretty much made my life, and those iCad recolours have already proved to be most useful!

I have also download many, many pretties from the other creators in this thread and I would like to thank each and every participant for the goodies, but especially CuriousB and Yuxi for orgamanizing everything like pros! The best thing about Christmas at GoS is that it doesn't seem to end!

mod note: reuploaded everything but the lot here (the travel poster folder also includes some of beadqueene's rcs from 2010).
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 05:17:47 PM by shastakiss » Logged

pinketamine
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2012, 02:48:39 PM »

Everyone's gifts are so amazing, I simply love everything in this thread. Well, I received my gift some days ago, but I've had some personal things and I wasn't able to post this before.
This time I got an amazing surprise, my SS was the lovely Nilou, who is one of my favourite creators ever... and I'm allowed to share!. I have to admit that the pictures themselves were a gift already, here you have what I got:

A set of layerable freckles and moles, which you can download here.

Various clothes set, you can see a bigger picture here and download here.

Various short hairs for femmes in Pooklet's colors, you can see a bigger picture here and download here.

Objects! You can see them here and here and download here.

Happy New Year everyone!!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 09:15:38 PM by pinketamine » Logged

WIP in my Dreamwidth
Quinctia
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2012, 04:36:40 PM »

Okay, it's time to share the one other lpart of my gift!

Jessy was fabulous enough to try attacking the major project of making a tattoo overlay box for me.  She had an issue with a couple of the texture packages, and it would've spoiled everything to ask me for help prior to giving the gift.

So...I reworked the innards, and now I will share with everyone the lovely tattoos she made!

It's a set of five blackwork tattoos, all backpieces, unisex designs, click for swatches as blackwork on GoS's background doesn't quite work.

For those unfamiliar with overlay boxes, you need Seasons to use them, all the boxes I've worked with/made work for ages teen through elder.  You will need to purchase a crate in Buy Mode (under Misc/Misc) and have the sim use the object pie menu to apply a tattoo.  There will be a pause (brief or long, whatever length your game hangs when a sim gets frostbite/heatstroke) and then the sim will have their tattoo.  Properly made overlay boxes should stick through aging, state changes, lot loads, and are also layerable within the same box and other properly made boxes!

I was very thrilled to get these!  You can download them here!

ZeroDark
I have made my way here...
High Priestess
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2012, 05:17:14 PM »

And the amazingness just keeps coming!!! Cheesy

My Dreamwidth: Zero Talent - includes TOU
My Tumblr - I Have Made My Way Here - includes Sims (gifts and reblogs), fandom, and political views (Caveat Emptor!)
shastakiss
Overseer
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2012, 08:26:06 PM »

SIMBIC! I told you that there was more to come! >:|

D: i'm sorry!
This is my favorite dialogue ever. Little scoldy face!

Ergo, thank you for a lovely bunch of creations. And is that a painting of some sort of mustache attendant? I need that.
Jessy, what gorgeous things you made! Especially happy about the beyootiful glass floors and all the pajamas and swimwear.
Aweeshie, you made such scrummy gifts, I love the walls especially. Thanks!
hannie, I hope your santee is ok and thank you for sharing your gift. And I'm half-delighted-half-scared of the fireplace. No wait, change that to all delighted, I love it.
Beadqueene, Wall-e posters? *melts* All of your gift is so thoughtful, thank you so much for sharing it.
Nilou, I have a hard time thanking you because I'm always this close to being just plain creepy in my appreciation. Thank you for another set of preshusss things I can get all Gollum-y over.
Thanks very much to CuriousB and Yuxi for organizing secret santas this year
And thanks very much to all the generous giftees who shared their presents!
pinkosim
aka psychosim
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2012, 09:12:52 PM »

pinketamine, the download links for the freckles and the hairs are inverted!

All these gifts are great, you can see they were made with love. Smiley Thank you all creators and sharers!
I will continue with comments on the things I downloaded:
James Sunderland/glennisonfire, that facial hair is so perfect for my selfsim! Cheesy And the outfit with the tie looks great!
AdmiralAeris/Aquilegia, nice to have so many matching recolors! Smiley
SilverBelle/saricoya, 50's colors will fit my game, too! Thanks!
ergo/Apollo, the computer and TV look so cool! Cheesy
Goat/Tea Leaf, that's a cool selection of wallpapers! Cool
Nilou/Zx_Ta, I like simple underwear, thank you!
Prosphetics/Quinctia, thanks for the counter recolors!
Arget/Pikkon, I'm amazed at the bookstore stairs! What a beautiful idea! Cheesy
hanniekonijn, sadly I don't have AL to use the shelf system properly, but I'm happy with the walls. Your gargoyle fireplace looks really cool! Was that typo intentional? (fierplace = fearplace?) Wink
pinketamine/Nilou, thank you for the freckles and moles, and the clothes look nice, too!
AlfredAskew/Synkka, I can't see the pictures but since I share Alfred's color preference I'm sure I'll like it. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 09:24:34 PM by psychosim » Logged

"One cannot develop taste from what is of average quality but only from the very best." - Goethe
Your dedication is inspiration for my dedication.
- Livejournal - latest: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
- Grungy cars - latest: 1977 VW Type 2 two-tones
pinketamine
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2012, 09:16:09 PM »

Ooops, thanks for letting me know, psychosim, I've fixed that Smiley

WIP in my Dreamwidth
strange_tomato
Gutter Punk

« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2012, 09:19:36 PM »

I'm always amazed by the content that's created for these events and this year is no exception! Thank you to all the creators for their hard work and allowing their gifts to be shared and to the santees for sharing them. The level of generosity in this community is amazing.

My secret santa was Jenga_Jane, who created some very thoughtful gifts based on my hints and some careful researching of my journal. She really did a great job of coming up with things I would like. ^_^ I was away from my home computer for the duration of this event (holiday travel to visit family), so I'm just now able to load up my game to play with the goodies and to be able to post here to share her wonderful gifts. (I've reposted her images to my own image hosting, but the links are to her box.net.) I hope you'll enjoy these gifts as much as I do.

First up are 18 recolours of the Bon Voyage Collectible Poster by Travelkeeper using artwork by David Hayward (whose work is new to me but includes some very interesting imagery), and 24 recolours of Clutter-a-holic's horozontal add-on to the BV Travel poster. The mesh is not included in the download, so you'll need to get that if you don't already have it.

Next we have a separate skirt for elder females, using the separated Freetime uberfamily dress by Cocomama and the solid colour retextures by Alleluia in CuriousB's palette. I'm assuming this is a response to my prompt for "stuff old people like." I can't think of a more useful item for Elder females. The solids really work beautifully for the skirt, and the shape of the mesh should work well for many different tops and overall styles. 

Last, but certainly not least, is this set of robes using game icons to suit the different aspirations. Jane picked up on my love of the woohoo heart symbol (and love for the K&B Stuff pack) and ran with it, and then made versions for all the aspirations. Everyone needs a comfy robe with a fun pattern, right? These will be a lot of fun to play with.

I love the preview pic of the Singles gals, too.

Thanks so much, Jenga_Jane!

I'd also like to add a little note here about my own shared secret santa gift. The full credits for the source textures, etc. for my content is included in the note with the download, but I wanted to make sure credit is given where credit is due: the bras are from the fanseefem collection by HystericalParoxysm and the boy undies are by Mod Kitten, with the original idea for the combination coming from iliketoplaygod. The hair textures are by Neena and the colour actions are by Simgaroop. All other credits are included in the titles. Simgaroop provided me with the extracted Sims 3 images, so thank you for that! The solid colours for both the undies and curtains are my own.

I'm glad I participated in the secret santa this year. It was so much fun! Thank you to the organizers, CuriousB and Yuxi, for running a very successful event. You rock!

hanniekonijn
Kindergoth

« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2012, 03:17:26 AM »

hanniekonijn, sadly I don't have AL to use the shelf system properly, but I'm happy with the walls. Your gargoyle fireplace looks really cool! Was that typo intentional? (fierplace = fearplace?) Wink

Thank you, glad you like the fireplace (no the typo was unintentional but now that I think of it....fearplace sounds kinda cool).

Yeah I realize that for people without AL the cabinets are useless.... I might create an addition with cabinets and shelfs at different heights.

You can find most of my stuff at ColourSims and BPS | My Policy
pinkosim
aka psychosim
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2012, 09:22:25 AM »

strange_tomato/Jenga_Jane, the bathrobes are funny! Cool

Yeah I realize that for people without AL the cabinets are useless.... I might create an addition with cabinets and shelfs at different heights.
I would definitely appreciate that, I like the look of it. Smiley Especially the "closed desk" is a nice idea!

"One cannot develop taste from what is of average quality but only from the very best." - Goethe
Your dedication is inspiration for my dedication.
- Livejournal - latest: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
- Grungy cars - latest: 1977 VW Type 2 two-tones
tombstoneoflifeanddeath
not a prophecy come true
Undead

i've just been goddamn mean to you

« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2012, 10:24:41 AM »

strange_tomato/Jenga_Jane: I really like those skirts for EF myself. I'll be using those whenever I can, I will.
Pinketamine/Nilou, ah, those are fantastic gifts for Pinketamine. So help me I'm going to want to put that skirt on every female sim...
CuteLilDeadGirl/JamesSunderland: mm, yes. All of it...
Alleluia/Io: Everything is so stellar.
Trapping/Zerodark: Oh, you did work hard, Zero; I'm glad to see you managed to finish that female hair because it's almost too fitting for her.
TheChangeling/Alleluia: Oh, holy crap...  Drool
NathanialRoyale/Aweshie: That first hair retexture is really pretty. I took it!
Simgaroop/Anyerfillag: You made such nice things. I need to find myself a use for those plaster walls...
Arget/Pikkon: I'm super happy to see those book sets were finally tackled. I'm not even going to try to stop myself from putting them in every lot.
Imalia/Strange_Tomato: I like those curtains enough that they were one of two I didn't hide with Almighty_Hat's hiders. I really appreciate the recolors.
Simbic/Ergo: I like those paintings, and I'm hoping Simbic decorates a lot soon using what you've made for her... Um, hint hint wink wink?
Eleanor/Modella: I'm digging that tea set.

I'm glad to see that just about everyone was super pleased with their gifts and such. I know that I had fun.

Alright then, my Santa was Pinketamine and she made me.. well, the images do speak for themselves.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 10:30:31 AM by glennisonfire » Logged

apollo
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

iamamiwhoami

« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2012, 03:47:17 AM »

Ergo, I'm glad you liked them 

I'm finally able to share my awesome gifts by the talented AlfredAsked.

First I received this beautiful hair retexture for men,

http://www.box.com/s/y3mhml3ztapcmghbzogn

"I finally finished figuring out a retexture for one of my favorite short male hairs: Tenshii's short fro thing, with an edit of Nouk's textures, and Pook'd."

Secondly I received a set of face shines and layerable moles. Alfred, I'm so touched that you went to the effort of looking at my style of sims and made a set based on my style, thank you so much!

"There's also a set of layerable moles, because I've never seen a quality set that looked good on all skintones, and didn't look flat. I don't know if those kind of details are quite your style, it was a bit of a gamble.
My favorite part was kind of hard to preview, so here's a side by side of the textures overlayed on a face texture."

"I took a look at your style of faces and had a bit of fun drawing a set of three face shines, made special to fit your menfolk. That is, they emphasize the cheekbones in three different ways, and generally bring out strong, masculine shapes.
All makeup is in the blush bin."

http://www.box.com/s/brd6lhc66io0s1ngcoxy

Drool
Sariadeea
Gutter Punk

« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2012, 06:32:21 AM »

Such great gifts everyone, they're getting better and better year by year! A big thank you to all the Secret Santas for making this Christmas awesome <3

Pages: Prev 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: