Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: [GRANTED] AlfredAskew's face templates as non-default?  (Read 26555 times)
Dea Ex Machina
Grim, Ungainly, Ghastly, Gaunt, and Ominous
Macabre Miscreant

« on: May 12, 2012, 08:47:10 AM »

(I really hope this is a reasonable request. Non-default templates seem to still be a murky area for the great majority of the Sims community.)

So, I'm basically asking for all of AlfredAskew's face template defaults, found here on his/her LJ, to be made into non-defaults, sort of like Dominiquex did here with some other templates. There's a tutorial on how to do this in this MATY thread. I'm asking this because, while I really really love AlfredAskew's face templates, it's often very difficult to choose between those and the Maxis templates they replace. If there is one thing that every Sim-maker needs above all else, I believe it is this.

I hope I've managed to explain my request clearly enough without a picture; I really didn't know what sort of picture to use. If a mod decides it still needs a picture, let me know and I'll see what I can come up with to better illustrate my request.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 10:18:29 PM by shastakiss » Logged

revolvertrooper
Kindergoth

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 02:41:03 AM »

This is a great request and I'd really like to try to fulfil it.Of course I have no previous experience so I can't guarantee I'll make it work,but I've taken a quick look at the tutorial and it doesn't seem out of my range.I 've just asked AlfredAskew for permission (her TOU seems to require it) -if I get it I hope to start working on the templates this weekend,if not sooner!
Dea Ex Machina
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 07:44:42 AM »

Good heavens, if you succeed, I'd readily make a statue based on your self-Sim and enable the "Worship" option on it. Cool Thankyouthankyouthankyou. I can't wait to see what comes out of this!

revolvertrooper
Kindergoth

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 05:42:05 AM »

Alfred has given me permission,so I'll start working on the templates as soon as possible!

EDIT:My first attempt has not gone so well;an extra face template does appear but nothing happens when I click on it.I'll try going through the steps of the tutorial with a different face and I hope I'll have more luck this time.The SimPE editing needed for each template takes a couple of hours,if not more,so even when(and if!) I figure things out I might need a lot of time to finish.I'll try my best because I'd really like some extra,non-fantasy templates for my own game and I haven't seen any other ones around.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 05:53:17 PM by revolvertrooper » Logged
Dea Ex Machina
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 04:48:47 PM »

Oh! Sorry for not checking this thread; since edits don't appear in the updates, I just kind of forgot about it.

It's alright, I knew from the start it was a very difficult task to undertake. Take as much time as you need. Smiley

revolvertrooper
Kindergoth

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 08:10:57 PM »

Thanks, it seems I'll need it! I've done a second failed attempt a few days after my first one-always the same problem,a new template seems to appear but it doesn't change a sim's face at all (after changing so many instance numbers I'd expect at least some ages and genders to be working!). I've wanted to let some time pass before trying yet again. I've started a third attempt earlier this week but a really stupid mistake led me to a cul-de-sac very early in the process; now that I've figured that last one out I want to try again as soon as I find the time, but unfortunately I don't have much of it this month! Anyway, I hope to be back with better news soon, thanks for your patience!

EDIT:Face 01-Heart is finally working! Here's a link to a folder where I'll be dropping whatever gets finished.
  EDIT again: New download link. The files are modified by Gwenke to appear in a non-random order (corresponding to Alfred's original numbering - Gwenke's .txt with all the necessary info is included in the .zip). I'm planning to make more custom templates, so I've also renamed the files in a way that will be helpful for organizing them - if you have my older files please re-download and replace them manually!
  Yet another edit: Credits to AlfredAskew for the great templates, Argon for making custom templates possible , Dominiquex for her very detailed and helpful tutorial and Gwenke for figuring out how to sort the files properly. Perhaps I should also include a link to my Custom Templates folder at Mediafire - aside from the set I've already linked to above I'll be temporarily dropping finished templates that will eventually be gathered into sets that will get a "proper" upload.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 10:58:01 AM by shastakiss » Logged
Dea Ex Machina
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 05:23:59 PM »

Oh god. I love you. I really do. Yay Now about that statue... Grin

I had Bodyshop loading, but I'm ctrl+alt+del-ing right now and terminating that process, because this is just so great I will not wait a second to see how it works.

downwardbound
↓Downer
Gutter Punk

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 07:49:54 PM »

Oh wow, this is absolutely amazing. Cheesy

Blacky_Kitten
Gutter Punk

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 02:20:40 AM »

revolvertrooper, that's amazing! Thank you Smiley
revolvertrooper
Kindergoth

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 09:17:29 PM »

Thanks a lot guys-I've uploaded some more templates today;10 of them are up so far,I'll probably have to wait until early August to make the rest.

Dea Ex Machina -I've never made a self-sim,the idea creeps me out for some reason.But I'll gladly accept an altar where you'll be offering cookies and sacrificing cow mascots!  hoehoe Grin
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 09:24:27 PM by revolvertrooper » Logged
Gwenke
Grimly Fiendish
Undead

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 03:20:41 PM »

This is absolutely amazing! Revolvertrooper, you are my hero. I'm so glad I noticed this thread. More templates, and great ones at that! Thank you very much.
ZeroDark
I have made my way here...
High Priestess
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 10:03:12 PM »

Astonishing! Thank you so much! *Downloads*

My Dreamwidth: Zero Talent - includes TOU
My Tumblr - I Have Made My Way Here - includes Sims (gifts and reblogs), fandom, and political views (Caveat Emptor!)
DogsUncleDavid
Kindergoth

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2012, 11:00:10 PM »

I am glad to see that someone else has figured out the extra face templates!! I have several unusual extra templates posted at MTS as DavidR57. I found them to be tedious and finicky in some aspects, yet forgiving and rewording in others. Once again, congrats on figuring this out, and good luck on further templates.
Dea Ex Machina
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 01:19:37 PM »

Wow, this is already done! I've been so excited about this, I couldn't wait to return from my vacation and try it out. It's so great. Really. I have no words for it. Thank you so, so, so much.

Now we need to get this promoted, because it totally deserves all the promotion in the world. Cheesy I'll be opening Bodyshop right away to make a preview for Kickers, so that it appears in the updates and people find out about this.

revolvertrooper
Kindergoth

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 03:13:41 PM »

I've uploaded all the templates except Cyclops - if you don't mind I'd rather prefer to keep that one as face 26 and make custom versions of a few elf faces instead. For the time being I'd like to expand the set with template versions of a few non-template sims by Alfred, as I have her permission to do that; a Willow template is already up. I should say that there are a couple of little annoyances with these templates; in Bodyshop they don't appear at the same order for all ages and genders and there's an unedited Maxis face that appears before the default male faces as some sort of "reset" template - I don't know if there are ways to correct that. Otherwise they work as they should. Many thanks to Dea for the request, Alfred for the pretties, Argon and Dominiquex for the base template and the tutorials and everyone that has commented!
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: