Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: God's Army- a cult member career  (Read 6811 times)
impatiens
Kindergoth

« on: June 28, 2012, 10:47:53 PM »

Has it ever bothered you that your sims could be cult leaders, but never cult followers? If so, this is the career for you. I can't imagine this career being useful outside that particular purpose, since the pay always stays at 40 simoleans, and your sims always work for 15 hours. I set it this way because real life cults demand a lot of time and money. Also, it's an easy career to progress in, provided you tow the party line and show up in a good mood. There are no friend and skill requirements, as both are detrimental to cult membership. The career level indicates the level of indoctrination. (Pardon the model: he's a generic tester sim I threw together in seconds.)

Also, there are chance cards for all levels. Here is a sample (plus a coffin kicker image):

As you can see, the chance cards are written in a second-person point-of-view, similar to choose-your-own-adventure books. I also use the singular they as my default pronoun. If either of these bother you, you might want to either edit the chance cards yourself or skip this download. I've included job descriptions and chance card descriptions in the attached text file.

Credits go to lientebollemeis for one of their careers, which I used as a base. This career, to be exact. Their policy states that I shouldn't edit and upload their careers, but since there's little resemblance between their career and mine now, I really don't see a problem.  Also, thanks goes to the Orange Papers for giving me information about cults (mostly AA, but the cult test discusses other cults) that I used to make my own virtual cult. Policy is no paysites. Other than that, go nuts.

ETA: I discovered that plantsims in this career error out during the workday. I have no idea what's causing this. Do not put your plantsims in this career until I find a way to fix it. FIXED! See post below.
I no longer wish to support such a toxic community.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 05:15:48 AM by impatiens » Logged
stompintom
Kindergoth

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 01:05:43 AM »

haha, love it! Great for some of my "spin-off" characters out of a couple of my stories. Thanks for this. There is no beating the creativity on this site.
Goat
Roller Limbo Runner-Up
Macabre Miscreant

Let's rock this mother-father.

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 07:52:51 PM »

Oh this is perfect! I was just thinking of making a cult in my game. Now my brain-washed townies will have a purpose in life.  Big Grin
miros
Face Collector
Macabre Miscreant

Face Collector

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 10:23:46 PM »

Might be a good job for some of my extra Legacy kids....

What doesn't kill you gives you unhealthy coping mechanisms and a morbid sense of humor.

Dragons are incubating
theevilwriter
Gutter Punk

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 08:38:04 PM »

Oh this is perfect! I was just thinking of making a cult in my game. Now my brain-washed townies will have a purpose in life.  Big Grin
Aww, now you're bringing back memories of one of my most popular Sims 1 stories on the exchange way back when, The Happy Fun Cult. Eventually they all starved to death in their pretty white robes. I wonder if I still have the pictures...

I'm not the most sarcastic person you could stalk on Twitter, but I try.
Julie J
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 02:40:26 PM »

I have a cult leader in my game for a story - Many thanks for this.

impatiens
Kindergoth

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 03:03:45 AM »

Updated for compatibility with plantsims. Also some minor changes to the text that I don't feel like updating the spoilers file to reflect.

I cannot guarantee that your cult sims will automatically transition. To be on the safe side, get all of your sims out of the old career before replacing it with this one. You can always use the Sim Blender to put them back in their old positions.

The plantsim glitch is not something that was limited to my career. The career I used as a base had the same problem. So did another career I downloaded off of MTS. The only careers I found that did not have this problem was Pescado's LS career conversions. At first, I tried to base the new career off of one of the LS careers.  Unfortunately, when I did that, the career conflicted with the LS careers, no matter what I did. Then, I tried importing various things from the LS careers to my original career. Replacing the original init BHAV with the one from the LS careers and adding the plantsim sunshine motive delta BCON worked.

This shouldn't require Seasons to work. Correct me if I'm wrong. And a big thank you to Pescado, for making careers that actually work with plantsims that I could borrow from.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: