Pages: Prev 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2013.02 - Conversion Immersion!  (Read 229216 times)
Sunatharon
Kindergoth

« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2013, 04:58:21 PM »

Hokay. Told you folks I'd be back to spam the thread with more walls/floors, and this time I come bearing 12 floors, 1 terrain paint, and 40 walls. Don't worry if all the stone doesn't float your boat, I've got Eversong (the Blood Elf woods from WoW) and Gilneas' terrain paints also in the works.

Credits go to Blizzard for the World of Warcraft textures.

Sorry about not getting the preview/update pictures up sooner for the last thread. I didn't want to toss 'em up until I finished this set, kill two birds with one stone. :3
For the preview

And for the update:

And some hallways showcasing a few of the walls/floors:

Wall Swatch:

2 not shown, because I fail at counting and forgot a wall category.

Floor Swatch:

Download
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 09:18:15 AM by HugeLunatic » Logged
Fata Morgana
Grimly Fiendish
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2013, 05:14:30 PM »

Many thanks to everyone.
Wonderful works, interesting, beautiful creations. Cheer

Make Sims, not war!!! Yes. I am from Russia and I am against the war!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars (Oscar Wilde)
cassandra
Grimly Fiendish
Undead

« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2013, 08:04:13 PM »

Nymphy, the skulls are lovely. I don't know what I'll do with them, but I love them.
Keoni and HugeLuncatic, thank you both for the adorable lamps. And the dollhouse! It is awesome.
Bunhead, I am going to use that hair on most of my sims. I foresee it.
Dea, the outhouse is also lovely! (Never thought I'd say that, ever.)
Allisa, the sofas are going into my game to be used in probably every house I decorate for quite a while.
Iroeny, the x-rays textures look great! Another thing I don't know what I'd do with, but they are really well done.
Mork, I love those recolors. (CuriousB, if you do make defaults please point me in the general direction of them!)
Nyren, that hair is beautiful. Drool I have recently developed something of an obsession with pastel-y soft things, especially on hair.

Sunatharon, the World of Warcraft conversions are so cool. I just reached my second 90 this week so I have been seeing a lot of those textures lately. I would love love love to see what you do with the Gilneas textures, I love the dreary Victorian thing Blizzard did there, and the worn, muted colors -- I can think of a few simmers who would like that type of thing.

Sunatharon
Kindergoth

« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2013, 04:03:28 AM »

Guess who's back...
Back again...

Let me tell you all a story. It begins with a humble request from a dear friend, whom I have recently converted to the ways of Sims 2 CC. Leaves and twigs on some dirt, they asked of me, preferably in a kind of forest-esque manner. "Oh!" I replied, "I have just the thing! There's this one terrain out of Gilneas that I was thinking about doing for this forum thing that I'm a part of..."

Here, we'll skip to the good part.

It was approaching 12 am and I had finally managed to name all of the files. There were around 30 or so between the walls and the floors, not bad for a night's work. Now, by this point I was getting fairly tired, so much so that I nearly fell asleep while my game was loading. I made quick work of setting up my little box-house for showcasing and applied the first floor. Something wasn't right, I mused as I stared in my half-asleep haze, something was... missing. It took all of about thirty seconds to deduce what it was that I felt was off: that floor was nice, but it would look incredible in pooklet's volatile. With a sigh I exited out of my game and went to put on a pot of coffee while photoshop loaded.

Skipping further still...

Thus, I bring you no less than 27 floors, 185 walls, 26 terrains and a handful of pictures. The original walls and floors are in the set and I've also tossed in a 'few' pooklet colors of what were the better ones, in my opinion. Of course, there being texture purists out there and this being a conversion theme, I have separated the actual textures from the recolors and those can be downloaded separately.

Finally I shall provide the standard disclaimer : textures are by Blizzard Entertainment and taken from the game World of Warcraft. Pooklet's color actions were used for the recolors, and thanks goes out to both them and those friends that listened to me yammering in a caffeine-induced manic state on skype at roughly 2 am. You know who you are. Not all of the pooklet colors are available for every wall, this was done intentionally because some of the colors simply didn't look nice on these. Several of the textures were altered by me. Alteration can mean anything from color/contrast adjustment, removing portions, cropping and re-piecing things together from the raw files. They may or may not look exactly as they are found in WoW.

This may or may not be my last set this month, as I'm not sure how my job will treat me in the coming days. However, if I manage to find the time to do it, I have the files for Eversong, Uldum, Ulduar and Silvermoon City sitting in a lovely little folder waiting for me to convert them.

Download links will follow the pictures, and do enjoy!~

« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 08:34:48 AM by HugeLunatic » Logged
lunar_feline
Kindergoth

« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2013, 06:23:17 PM »

Sunatharon, your WoW conversions are rockin' my world. I can't wait for Eversong and Silvermoon City!
SpaceDoll
sweet, sweet lamination
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2013, 02:31:26 AM »

I did some recolors of these conversions from the Sims 3 Store Jazz Age Collection. You can get the bar and barstool from Amovitam and the living chair, sofa, and coffee table from HCove.

I made 6 wood recolors of the coffee table, 12 recolors each of the chair, sofa, and barstool, and 13 recolors of the bar. The chair and sofa have 2 recolorable subsets, so you can mix and match upholstery to wood, but the barstool does not. On a side note, does anyone know an easy fix for this? The recolors are numbered in matching sets. A swatch of your options:
mod edit: fixed the link
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 10:40:24 AM by evanesco » Logged

I've massacred my manicure,
(am I poisoned flesh?)
And made a mess
(a sweet caress)
of morning light to midnight.
dotted
Kindergoth

« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2013, 05:07:35 AM »

So pretty, SpaceDoll!!! Will use. Thank you.
iroeny
Kindergoth

« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2013, 05:49:34 AM »

Nice work, Spacedoll! These are perfect for a community lot I'm building!
Milya
Sneak Snake
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

Voleste

« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2013, 08:36:14 AM »

Those are lovely SpaceDoll! The patterns you chose are very classy and suited for the set.  Smiley

iroeny
Kindergoth

« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2013, 10:03:07 AM »

If anyone else had (like me) a problem with Spacedoll's link: Just remove the "http//" from the adress field and it should work.
Whispers
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2013, 10:58:37 AM »

LOVELY set, SpaceDoll! Cheesy

SpaceDoll
sweet, sweet lamination
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2013, 04:07:25 PM »

Thanks, guys! And sorry about the link; it was the wee hours when I posted.

I've massacred my manicure,
(am I poisoned flesh?)
And made a mess
(a sweet caress)
of morning light to midnight.
FlowerMisty
Kindergoth

« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2013, 07:46:18 PM »

I wanted to do more but I'm running short on time...and motivation. These are two TS3 outfits for TS2: Ombre Bunny Bling & Full Metal Dress. Both outfits have fat morphs and Maxis Natalia pumps which are pictured in the archive. The textures for the dresses are included so you can make your own recolors.

Download

Fran
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2013, 09:29:16 PM »

I have a house just for Spacedoll's creations, patterned totally in the '20's and 30's style from Kativip's site. They should be beautiful together!
Whispers
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2013, 10:27:38 PM »

Very cute dresses, FlowerMisty! Cheesy

Pages: Prev 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: