Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Blind Date 2013 Gifts  (Read 325625 times)
ladyheather
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2013, 02:15:31 PM »

Downloaded a few things (thank you!), but I'm getting a 403 error from Dropbox when I try and download the swimsuits and clutter. Logging in didn't help either.
graevlinettae
dronning af graevlingerne.
Kindergoth

[got some dragons]

« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2013, 03:25:20 PM »

So many great gifts :3
So, but I am here to bring better links!

These should work:

Download Clutter objects
Download Swimwear
puremorphin
Priestess of Perversion
Gutter Punk

Silently plotting your doom

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2013, 03:44:24 PM »

nellshysh&puremorphin- Really love the PJ's, but sadly the teen files don't show up properly in game for me Sad

Oh, I forgot to mention- the adult file is the master, and the teen and elders are slaved to it, so you have to have the adult files in game for teen to work. Was that the problem?
Nope, I've kept all the teen, adult and elder files   wah Do they work in anyone else's game, do we know?
Were Phaenoh's meshes in the file too? Teen and elder use those. It's possible that those meshes may also need her slaved recolours to appear (I'm on a mobile but ill check as soon as I get on my PC)

puremorphin
Priestess of Perversion
Gutter Punk

Silently plotting your doom

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2013, 03:57:03 PM »

So many great gifts :3
So, but I am here to bring better links!

These should work:

Download Clutter objects
Download Swimwear
Added the new links to the main post (and this time I checked first before posting- definately works! Thanks so much nellshysh! Smiley )

Trapping
Party Maker
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2013, 04:06:19 PM »

The link for trapping's gift doesn't work, they're out of bandwidth.

Here's my original download-link, I hope it works  Smiley

Edit: I forgot to include a link for the fixed meshes for the male outift. Please replace the meshes included in the .zip above with these.

Please note that my old "Jedpie"-tumblr is now called "TrappingSims2". If you find an old link, replace "jedpie" with "trappingsims2" and it should work.
Dibaday
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2013, 04:21:41 PM »

Thanks for fixing the links! Cheesy
lolabythebay
Gutter Punk

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2013, 01:27:03 AM »

My date was Imalia (alias Kermit) and she made me a bundle of cc that's perfect for my 1920s neighborhood.  Cheesy

AAS underwear for AF & AM in some Aelia colors (the latter of which I just I just added to my gigantic men's default file, because I'm on a defaulting rampage):

Bowlers with deco bands on a Dr. Pixel mesh:

And a series of pretty George Barbier prints (mostly on the Olive Peynter skyscape mesh, with one "Poisonous Forest" and one Grilled Cheese)

They're all lovely in game and you can download them here. Thanks again, Imalia!

Imalia
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2013, 02:50:50 PM »

My date was Lolabythebay, and she made me such pretty stuff I am still squealing with delight.  I'm just going to past her message here and hope it all goes well.

Happy (belated) Valentine's Day, Kermit Imalia!

I made you stuff, too!  Cheer

First, some sweaters paired with chiffon skirts as full outfits for TF through EF on meshes by Yuichen (included). The skirt texture is mostly from the NL flapper dress and the sweater is a mix of handpainting and a knit overlay with some of Amaryll's textures mangled at its core.

Second, a pretty small house on a 2x2 lot. The Venus is based on vintage plans from the Aladdin Home Co., a manufacturer of kit houses in the first half of the 20th century. It's CC-free and VERY sparsely furnished.

Third, two pairs of progressive wrinkles for adults & elders. Each has a lighter and a heavier version, but you can double up for an extra-wrinkly face.

And fourth: 12 retro-inspired countertops for the Krampft Industries (cheap basegame) counter and 17 floors, all from Colourlovers patterns. There are also 8 solid recolors of the counter cabinet that coordinate. I included a text file with all the pattern credits and a swatch with all the linoleum designs numbered

You can download it all here.  Everything is subfoldered within the RAR and the house is in a clean Sims2Pack. I hope you like it. Happy simming!

and the floors are here:  http://www.mediafire.com/?dfic9vdt571p5uq

Thank you again Lola, I love absolutely everything.  
ritaxis
wearing the old lady hat since 1953
Macabre Miscreant

I can't type. I can't see all my typoes. I do try.

« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2013, 06:40:43 PM »

Oh, those Krampft counters are right up my alley. And the floors
Zora Graves
never odd or even
Macabre Miscreant

uǝʌǝ ɹo ppo ɹǝʌǝu

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2013, 08:06:58 PM »

I'm swooning over here.
Not only is this thread already full with awesome stuff - on top of all this I just received my gift from Rochester/FadeToBlack and guys, it's made from gothgeeky magic.

I'm lost for words, so I'll just quote her message.

My darling Angel,

I apologise for the delay in getting your gifts to you, and hope that you will enjoy them nonetheless.

My gift comes in two parts: objects and clothing. I had loads of fun making things for you, I've seen you round the board and you always seemed pretty cool and your game style is pretty perfect for me to make things for. Cheesy

But enough waffling - I'm sure you'd like to see the gifts!

First up, inspired by your love of Doctor Who and "throwing things together that actually don't go well and make them fit somehow, even if the result is quirky and crazy", I present: Doctor Who themed coffins! They're retextured with Goats wood, which you said you liked, in a bunch of Pooklet natural and neon colours with Doctor Who themed patterned pillows. And you know something really cool? If you download the whole Coffin Crew set at MTS2, these retextures work for everything! I didn't realise before, but everything appears to be slaved to the base of the coffin so you can have a whole matching geeky vampire room. Big Grin
Credit to the Coffin Crew (Honeywell, mustluvcatz and fanseelamb) for the mesh (coffin mesh included, get the rest here), Goat for the lovely wood textures, Colourlovers for the patterns and Pooklet for the colour actions.

Next, because you asked for geeky and science stuff: ten* recolours of jonesi's bed blanket. Every clutteraholic has it, and again there's quite a few things slaved to it (e.g. the pillows in the preview). This is probably also the geekiest thing I've ever made, and I am not ashamed to admit that I really want a blanket with the periodic table on it in real life now... Tongue
Credit to jonesi for the mesh (included), mayang.com for the blanket texture and Colourlovers and various sites I found through Google searches for the patterns.
*One recolour is missing from the swatch - it's a vaguely Pacman-y ghost pattern - but rest assured there are ten not nine files!

And now we move onto the clothing!

Basically this is a mash up of textures and alphas by Aikea, Azaya, Maxis and Euntory/Junky on a mesh by Aikea, because you said you wanted clothing for guys and like goth, punk and Club Crimsyn boots. Smiley
Credit to those mentioned above, mesh incuded.

The next three sets are pretty similar but for different ages; I agree wholeheartedly that we do need more clothing for ages younger than adults and that there's never enough outerwear. Solution: outerwear for ages younger than adult! Tongue
This set is for teen males, who tend to be pretty negelcted in terms of nice clothing (at least by me). Each colour sweater has a different pair of jeans, and they're categorised as everyday and outerwear.
Credit to Aikea for the mesh (included) and various textures, and Euntory/Junky and possibly Gelydh for other textures.

Sweaters and jeans for kids! Different colours to the teen version and these all share the same jeans texture. They also have converse instead of boots, and are available for boys and girls because the mesh is unisex. Categorised as everyday and outerwear.
Credit to Aikea for the mesh (included) and textures, and JenW because I used her recolour as a base for mine.

And finally, something for toddlers! I had to frankenstein the textures onto the mesh because it's a fanseelamb mesh not a Club Crimsyn one, but apart from a slight issue with the aplha round the neck (which you can see in the preview) I think they turned out quite well. I went with gradient sweaters and plaid trousers for these (with the zips and belts on the original texture edited off because they didn't seem too toddler friendly..).
Credit to fanseelamb for the mesh (included) and converse textures, and Aikea for the sweater and plaid texture.

If there are any issues with anything please do let me know, and I hope you like your gift!  Smiley

- Rochester (a.k.a. FadeToBlack)

mustluvcatz
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2013, 09:15:55 PM »

About the coffin: The other things in the set are, indeed, slaved to the coffin. Smiley While I don't have any use for the brighter colors, the more plain woods are definitely going into my downloads folder. I can't wait to see what the rest of the stuff looks like in Goat's textures. I'm hoping that the texture/s isn't/aren't too big for the slaved objects though- they're not mapped to take up most of the texture like the coffin base is. Since Fansee made the coffin first and I made the rest of it to go with (except the music box, of course) I had to map those objects to avoid the shadowing on her texture. Which is why those objects have their own shadow meshes.

FadeToBlack
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

i came back haunted

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2013, 09:37:48 PM »

The textures don't look quite as good on everything else - the wood is a little bit bigger than I'd like - but I've still been using the recoloured slaved objects in my game and it's not something that bothers me (or probably most people) too much. Tongue

(P.S. If people only want certain colours, I always make swatches that show the recolours in order. So, for example if you want just the naturals of the coffins grab recolours 1-5. Smiley )
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 09:42:51 PM by FadeToBlack » Logged

downwardbound
↓Downer
Gutter Punk

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2013, 10:16:57 PM »

There are so many gorgeous gifts in this thread!  Drool I can't wait to go back and do some downloading!  Intardnet

You guys, I got dotted for my blind date, and I could not be happier. Her gifts were absolutely stunning, and she is such a nice person too! She said I could just repost her message, so I shall:

Quote from: dotted
Hello dear Date of mine.

A couple of things I like to point out before I bestow my gift upon you:
  • I used Goat's wood texture and it comes in (alas only) three colours of Aelia's Eco Naturals - cafe au lait, cocoa, nightvision. So it's the same for every mesh on which I used wood.
  • As for fabrics I used also again Aelia's colours - a mix of Autumn and Jewels.

They are only objects recolours since I am no good at hair and clothes. I hope you like them at least a bit and find some use for them.  There it goes:

swatch nemestnaya box* - swatch charrynd chair

* I want to thank HudeLunatic for helping me out and making the mesh recolourable. I think that you should REPLACE the original mesh ( if you have it).

swatch pillows* - swatch body
Now when I think of it maybe I should have made with more wood than decorations :'d.
*the same colours as the chair's but instead of vanilla there's a flowers recolour

All the textures are twice the original size for more detail - except for Cassandre's book. Everything is compressed, swatches and images are included, labelled clearly, a little collection file included. If I have forgotten/messed up anything, please message me so I can fix it. The rar is about 13Mb. The folder should be about 15Mb when out of the archive.

Ps: I'm not really good at arranging forum posts but still if you want, you can show off your gift at the show off thread like a quote or something, so it will keep its promiscuously arranged form.

Isn't it all amazing? Don't you need to download it all and stuff it in your game, like, yesterday?

Thank you again, dotted, for making such lovely gifts, and a huge thank you to Nymphy as well for putting this together!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 02:15:05 PM by shastakiss » Logged

dotted
Kindergoth

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2013, 03:14:24 AM »

Mwahahahaha  CookieNom

I got such and Amazing present from my date. I mean... it was the best thing to wake up to today. And I love everything you made.
I also found some things that caught my eye in others' gifts and I'm downloading them a bit later, mhm. BUT NOW IT'S MY TURN TO FLAUNT!!!

Hi dotted,

I am so pleased that you were my blind date! I tried to make things that were "vamp deluxe" and also heavy on the Adele and Buggybooz influences. Hopefully, this was what you had in mind!  Heart burp

All items are compressorized, and all meshes and crucial matching files are included. My Photoshop is pretty old, so I have to do my recolors the hard way. (So... I'm only promising 97.5% accuracy on color matching). Wink

For the first part, I made you a little entryway set.

The painting is K8 from Parsimonious' Ancestors Paintings. That is the smallest one in the set, and is slaved with a medium and large size. The frame is K8's texture, but I color-matched it to the gold and silver (not pictured) of Adele's Exquisite Mirror. The painting itself is by Gaspar Pieter Verbruggen the Younger.

The radiator is Salix's Edit of Nemestnaya's Radiator from the Pretty in Pink set. It has a unique GUID, so you don't need to delete Nemestnaya's radiator if you already have it. The radiator texture is the result of my very first attempt to bake shadows in Blender, and the wood texture is from Goat's advent gift! The woods were matched to the floors in Trapping's Vintervalia set.
(radiator wood swatch)

The flower's are Maaron's 3t2 conversion of Nanu's Saarien Tulips. I made 4 recolors: pink/white, orange/white, burgundy/white and lavender/white. There is also a black glass recolor of the vase that matches the glass from the base game loft endtable.
(lavender tulips)

The loveseat is Adele's Posh Loveseat, and I did the cushions and upholstery in light, medium and dark colorways. I think I swatched some of CuriousB's colors during the process, but I'm not sure which ones and if I stayed accurate with all of them or not. The frames were definitely matched to Trapping's woods, though. (Note: I'm pretty sure that this requires Pets or some other expansion, but I wouldn't swear to it)
(loveseat swatch)

For the second part, I matched the Basegame Zenu Meditation Sleeper to Adele's Ornate Chinese Set. It comes in the same five colors as her set.
(swatch of Adele's wood colors)

Then, I made some white Peony-esque recolors of Nemestnaya's White Flowers from her Pretty in Pink set, as well as a black glass recolor of the vase.

Finally, I defaulted what is probably the ugliest wallpaper in the game - Nightlife's Fluid Choas [sic] - with a pattern from Colourlovers. It's still swirly and completely wackadoo, but far easier on the eyes.
(original wallpaper that was defaulted)

For the last part, I made a few things for the bath.

The tub is a tuxedo recolor of phoenix_phaerie's Manor House Collection: Washroom pt. 1 bathtub. The silver recolor of the hardware is from the original set, and is included.

The candles are silver leaf recolors of the candlesticks from Buggybooz' Sage Office.

I also took Adele's Marble Tile Walls from the Odette Build Set and applied the textures to Buggybooz' Nooks and Niches.
(swatch of Adele's tiles)

Finally, I took a peek at your Tumblr and found these cute watercolors by Tamara Philips! They're on the Tropico Birds in the Wild painting from the Pets expansion.

~♥ DOWNLOAD ♥~
(alternate)

Best regards,
downer
SillySoraya
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2013, 05:26:03 AM »

nellshysh&puremorphin- Really love the PJ's, but sadly the teen files don't show up properly in game for me Sad

Oh, I forgot to mention- the adult file is the master, and the teen and elders are slaved to it, so you have to have the adult files in game for teen to work. Was that the problem?
Nope, I've kept all the teen, adult and elder files   wah Do they work in anyone else's game, do we know?
Were Phaenoh's meshes in the file too? Teen and elder use those. It's possible that those meshes may also need her slaved recolours to appear (I'm on a mobile but ill check as soon as I get on my PC)
I'll look into these slaved recolours, cheers :-)

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: