Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Random Extra Face Template in Body Shop  (Read 43170 times)
drew-cricket
Jack-of-All-Trades
Kindergoth

« on: July 09, 2014, 05:32:14 PM »

Alright, prepare yourselves for LOTS of information because I have already tried to fix the problem, but it has no surpassed my knowledge base and I cannot find any information googling.

Here's what I originally posted on tumblr.
----While I was working on the first two non default face templates I noticed that there seemed to be an extra male template. At the time I just ignored it because I figured I would never be able to find it, but now I have found it. Its just an extra template chilling at the front of my templates. Its a perfect clone of Joedys BH 04 emed template. But if I click it and then switch to female, the template becomes that ugly Maxis default template with the narrow, beaky nose. Rawr.

I have no idea how that sucker got in there, or how to hunt it down and delete it. I already checked my default template folder and there is only one emed adult male file, so its hiding somewhere else. ----

EXTRA-someone replied to my tumblr post that they were having similar problems so its not just me!

Next, I read and followed all necessary instructions in the rules for this forum. My game is now completely vanilla, cigen is gone, all cache files are gone. Now I have a random Face 2 template chilling at the front of all the other faces. Does anyone know what is causing this? Any help is greatly appreciated and I am happy to share anymore information and pictures that may be needed.

Computer: My computer is a workhorse for all that it should have died a year ago or something. HP Pavilion dv6 laptop. AMD Turion II 2.3Ghz cpu. 4Gb RAM. W7. AMD M880G with ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics card.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 05:48:02 PM by drew-cricket » Logged

Wadda-lee-ach-ah wadda-lee-ach-ah doodle-ee-doo doodle-ee-do
dark_moon
Grimly Fiendish
Undead

"Weird works for me."

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 05:46:31 PM »

From what I've read that extra face appears whenever you add non-default templates. Is a borked face you should not use and only appears when you have extra templates.

"I laugh in the face of danger, and then I hide until it goes away."
Downloads -Tumblr - LJ -Etsy
drew-cricket
Jack-of-All-Trades
Kindergoth

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 05:52:13 PM »

So, now that I have FINALLY gotten the whole post to appear, I don't see how this could be the issue as I have now removed everything from my game. If it was caused by non default templates, shouldn't it have gone away when I took out those templates? I really want to actually remove the extra face template, not just know what causes it to be there, but thank you for your help!

dark_moon
Grimly Fiendish
Undead

"Weird works for me."

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 06:09:44 PM »

Well I just check on my game and the extra template just stays there forever, regardless if take everything out or not. I guess I just learn to ignore it after adding the non-defaults and forgot about it. In theory it should go away after removing the extra templates but I don't have any clue why it doesn't go away.

They talked about a bit here and apparently haven't found a way to make it go.
It would be nice if to find a way to get rid of it. But I search for a while in MATY and failed to find an answer

"I laugh in the face of danger, and then I hide until it goes away."
Downloads -Tumblr - LJ -Etsy
drew-cricket
Jack-of-All-Trades
Kindergoth

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 06:46:08 PM »

Hmm, well I read through that and I read through Dominiquex's thread and it looks more like it was mentioned in passing. Perhaps it is time to bring the issue to the forefront and really try to find a solution to the problem. WE SURVIVED THE BORKAGE OF PETS AND SIMS 3, WE CAN FIX THIS!

Anyway, even though I have no expertise whatsoever, I have made a small discovery. I went into the program files: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Sims3D, and opened a file called "CASFace" in SimPE. In it, I found all the face templates, and an abnormality. There are some extra am files that there are not for af. They are listed below.

amArchMPry_cres
amArchMPry_mpry_shpe
amArchMPry_tslocator_gmdc
amArchMPry_tslocator_gmnd
amArchMPryLOD15_cres
amArchMPryLOD15_mpry_shpe
amArchMPryLOD15_tslocator_gmdc
amArchMPryLOD15_tslocator_gmnd

Let's figure this out guys!

Namea
Modding Ametuer
Grimly Fiendish
Undead

A Namea is a horrible thing to waste.

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 06:49:21 PM »

I have around 50 non default face templates and there aren't any extras chillin' out in my game. Have you tried (and I'm sorry this is a pain) a complete uninstall-reinstall of your game and all expansions?

drew-cricket
Jack-of-All-Trades
Kindergoth

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 06:55:38 PM »

I have not and I realize that this is a possibility, I am trying to leave that as a last resort option in the hopes that we can find a better solution. I'm not the only one with this problem and what happens if I uninstall and reinstall and find that after I put all my downloads back in that the extra face is back? Would I have to uninstall and reinstall again to fix the problem?

AlfredAskew
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 08:41:15 PM »

No need for that. You're talking about the random extra template at the front of the catalog, right?
That's an incomplete "feature" that maxis created. It's like an "undo" button, but attached to a slider. It only shows up after you've made changes to a face, thus the disappearing and reappearing.

But like you said, it's only there for males, and screws up genetics if you use it. Yay EAxis rush-release bugs.

drew-cricket
Jack-of-All-Trades
Kindergoth

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 10:09:33 PM »

That is...interesting. Thanks EAxis.

Other things, I dropped all my downloads back into my game to continue working on stuff and now the extra random template still appears only in male, but it is always the 02 face template and when I switch between male and female, it stays the 02 face template. I find this much more tolerable than before, but that still doesn't change that fact that I would love to find a way to REMOVE it.

And I don't know about reappearing and disappearing, since whenever it's been there, it's always there.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: