Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: De-lurked  (Read 1662 times)
e
nothing but cinders
Kindergoth

I'm a maggot, the Lord of the Flies.

« on: August 19, 2014, 08:15:08 PM »

I've been lurking GoS for quite some time now, and finally motivated myself to sign up, ended up fucking up my username accidentally so I'm e. Close enough to what I was going for. I'm e and I can't upload an icon for some reason, I have the best luck.

e, 18 years of age, currently in the process of moving my life halfway across the country to California. The only interesting thing about me is my rampant necrolagnia; I love gore of all sorts and spend most of my time watching snuff, executions, and autopsies because that's completely normal, right. Oh and I also have a kindergartener's grasp of German.

I play TS2 and TS3, however enjoy TS2 much more. Never played TS1, but I am a 2004 veteran of TS2. I got a new laptop, couldn't be assed to install all the expansion and stuff packs on it, and downloaded the Ultimate collection out of nostalgia and convenience. I used to upload recolours and stuff onto the exchange way back when I didn't know what the hell I was doing and got literally all of my CC off of CC lots and sims upped on the exchange.

Now really all I do in ts2 is make paranormal unnaturally skinned ladies and burn children in fires.

自由を高く買わされた気もするが心まで安く売りとばす腹は無い . . . . . . .
The Lithium Vortex
Undead

Is there a Doctor in the house?

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 08:17:59 PM »

I love your name. Welcome to GoS, e. (Your name is very mysterious, it's like a secret agent movie. Agent E.)

I just wanna turn the lights on,
in these volatile times.

Whispers
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 08:33:00 PM »

Why Hello E!
There have been quite a few who have had issues uploading an icon! I think there's a link somewhere that walks you through what to do about it... Smiley

Welcome!

e
nothing but cinders
Kindergoth

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 08:43:32 PM »

I love your name. Welcome to GoS, e. (Your name is very mysterious, it's like a secret agent movie. Agent E.)
Why Hello E!
There have been quite a few who have had issues uploading an icon! I think there's a link somewhere that walks you through what to do about it... Smiley

Welcome!

@The Lithium Vortex That actually sounds pretty appropriate honestly. I've got no gender listed, fail to upload an icon, and my username is e. The epitome of mystery basically.

@Whispers Yeah, I tried upping to tinypic and shrinking the file size as much as I could to up an icon but nothing really seemed to work; just have to dig up the walkthrough. Thanks for letting me know about it.

Thank you both for the welcome!

EDIT::
Okay after trying legitimately everything, multiple images, at as many different scales as I possibly could, uploading images onto tumblr, tinypic, photobucket, etc,

Hosting an image on Imgur and using the direct link for an avatar worked.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 09:10:32 PM by e » Logged

Jessy
drown me in sorrow
Macabre Miscreant

hollow as the promises of yesterday

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 10:45:22 PM »

Hello E! I think your name is pretty rad actually! Also, if you ever need to change your icon again I've found that sometimes saving your icon for the web (if you have photoshop) can be handy. I'll keep the direct link in mind!

tumblr livejournal dreamwidth

*a lot of my dropbox links aren't working, i will slowly work on fixing them but if you have a certain thing you want, please pm me*
basically on a hiatus at this point, but you can always message me for anything
e
nothing but cinders
Kindergoth

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 01:46:30 AM »

Hello E! I think your name is pretty rad actually! Also, if you ever need to change your icon again I've found that sometimes saving your icon for the web (if you have photoshop) can be handy. I'll keep the direct link in mind!

Ah, that'd be useful if I had photoshop installed. It takes ages, and I don't even think I have a CS version (wacom products are packaged with software bundles, and I have a cintiq 22 but PS version from ages ago with it which sucks)

Seems like people are pretty fond of the name fuck up so probably won't be changing that (if it was ever possible to change in the first place..)

Thanks for the welcome!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: