Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ya Big Sillies! - Jumbo Glasses for Your Sims  (Read 10443 times)
fway
« on: November 05, 2008, 09:03:12 AM »

I'm hoping these are 'alternative' enough for GoS.  Tongue

NEW LINKS AND IMAGES April3rd2012.

Meshes
recolors -clear lenses
recolors -darker lenses

Your Sim has never had the chance to get silly? Well tell your Sims that it's about to get silly when you use these shades. They'll be the hippest thing in town. Have them stand out more with these new glasses, by me fway. Their heads will not only feel smaller, but their brains will be, too. No more party pooping with these!

These glasses were cloned from the aspiration reward glasses, but they will never glow! They come in 15 colors each with two tints, darker and clearer.

Lensless version?
- Well, I wasn't intending on doing these, however, if you are mesher, you may use the meshes to make lenseless glasses.

"Where are the stars, hearts and circles!?!!?!?!"
- I wasn't intending on making those either, but you can use this mesh to make shapes to the models if you'd like.
- Feel free to add little stars/flowers/hearts to the edges of the meshes as I haven't gotten to them. Just put the credit where it's due is all I ask.
- As this is GoS, work your magic on these!
- As a suggestion, it's quite possible if you resize this  mesh by Maxoidmonkey after seeing this recolor set by MurderDoll

Known issues
- Sims with face shapes 13, 15, 16, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24, and 25 have foreheads that bleed through the glasses, which means that their foreheads are big enough to explode!
- This mesh does not come with a TXTR file for the lens, although for recoloring the lenses, I'd suggest using this tutorial since it allowed me to edit the colors of the lenses. You just won't be able to make something intricate on the lenses.

-The Clippy Thing
No matter how I've modified the mesh, in every single way, it appears that the glasses clip on through the Sims' hair, except when the sims are bald.

My policy: I ask that you do not redistribute my homes/lots/objects/etc. publicly without permission. You may include my objects/stuff in your lots/on your Sims, but with proper credit (link/name). Go ahead and share my stuff with your friends via e-mail/aim/PM/etc. HOWEVER, they are NOT allowed on paysites, including the free section of TSR. I do not care how proportionally free to pay your site is. 99.9% free does not cut it... 100.00% free does. 100% NO "EXCHANGE", though.  Credit is not necessary for taking pictures with my objects/things/etc, although a little exposure is nice once in a while; Feel free to improve my stuff; but if you do choose to improve or change-up my stuff, please tell me, I would love to see what you did! And if you choose to upload it, by all means tell me.

Credits
The Creators and Devs of SimPE
Paleoanth for having me remember Frillen's glass floor tutorial, as it allowed me to change the lens color of the glasses.
Everyone who posted in my thread at the creator feedback forum at MTS2, and to everyone who suggested their ideas from my posts elsewhere. You know who you are.
HystericalParoxysm for her Kara hair pictured

Once again HystericalParoxysm for the wall in the background.
Helaene for the brows.
Louis for the skintone.
Barcelonista for the eyes.
Migamoo for the outfit pictured on the little girl.
dDefinder for reviving Gunmod's Radiance and Lighting Mod.
treeag for the freezer clock
decorgal, JDSims, and Aikea for the pose/animation hacks

and a big thanks to

Mininessie for her accessory tutorial. Although, I had to take some detours with it, it was very much helpful!

Technical Stuffs
AdultFemaleGlassesMesh.package
AdultMaleGlassesMesh.package
TeenFemaleGlassesMesh.package
TeenMaleGlassesMesh.package

- all have poly counts of 312.

ChildGlassesMesh.package
-has a poly count of 252.

These are all very low for glasses in my opinion.

* MTS2_fway_832208_YaBigSilliesRecolor5.jpg (12.76 KB, 90x105 - viewed 47331 times.)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 07:15:57 AM by Nymphy » Logged
LovelyLies
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 09:11:57 AM »

these are awsome. who doesn't love giant glasses?
Fancysandwich
If you say so...
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

I'll leave home!

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 09:39:26 AM »

That is the cutest screenshot I've seen in a while.  Thanks for the laugh.
darkling
Duckologist
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 10:23:50 AM »

Bwahaha. I have glasses like this IRL. They're excellent, thanks.

Damn these electric sex pants!
brontide
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 10:52:29 AM »

I was waiting for you to upload those when I saw them in the creations thread.
And now you have  Cheesy
OpheliaNival
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 11:20:28 AM »

Wow, I feel compelled to download these even though I have no idea how they'll fit in with the rest of my game content. This will certainly bring some extra spice to fighting-scenes. Thank you for sharing!
I love huge glasses and have an orange pair with orange lenses slightly bigger than these in real life.
fway
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 11:23:29 AM »

Wow, I feel compelled to download these even though I have no idea how they'll fit in with the rest of my game content. This will certainly bring some extra spice to fighting-scenes. Thank you for sharing!
I love huge glasses and have an orange pair with orange lenses slightly bigger than these in real life.

One solution is to wait for someone to recolor these so that they match your download collection. I do not know what type of content you are talking about, but you won't regret downloading these.  Grin

Edit - Another example:

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 01:59:50 PM by fway » Logged
bopashu
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 03:12:18 PM »

these are just fantastic!
Electriq
☆ ☆ ☆
Undead

Go east of eden.

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 05:02:25 PM »

Haha awesome! Big Grin

LJ JUNK

D+A = Big Grin
Emeraldcat
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 10:52:43 PM »

Come to mama! I've been wanting these, like ever since you showed off your creation.
OpheliaNival
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 11:00:01 AM »

One solution is to wait for someone to recolor these so that they match your download collection. I do not know what type of content you are talking about, but you won't regret downloading these.  Grin

It's not so much the colours as the style, I fail to see how it would fit into my new Victorianesque neighbourhood. But none the less the sunglasses are now in my downloads-folder and I can't resist using a pair on my mad scientist-guy as he's the only one awesome enough to get away with it! Thank you again! Cheesy
Mamwyn
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2008, 04:17:51 AM »

hahahaha these are pretty awesome! XD
Jessy
drown me in sorrow
Macabre Miscreant

hollow as the promises of yesterday

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2008, 04:23:59 AM »

lol i love these! they are so dorky and cute!! thanks for making them and uploading them!

*downloads immediately. wishes she had a pair in real life*

tumblr livejournal dreamwidth

*a lot of my dropbox links aren't working, i will slowly work on fixing them but if you have a certain thing you want, please pm me*
basically on a hiatus at this point, but you can always message me for anything
sleighill
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 03:27:54 AM »

Even with all their quirks...it's still a great item that you share with us....funny as hell...thank you.
whatwouldzappasay
Gloom Cookie

You Are What You Is

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 07:48:59 PM »

O.M.G.

How did I miss these?  Maybe because this post is over 30 days old and I'm new here.  I'm sorry if it's thought that I'm reviving this unnecessairly, but this really struck a chord.  These not only take me back (about to turn 55 in a few days) but my S.O. has a pic of himself at a 60s festival with a pair of these on and it's one of my favorite pics of him.   Grin

Thanks for brining something so goofy and fun to the game!

The WHITE ZONE is for loading and unloading only. If you gotta load or unload, go to the WHITE ZONE. You'll love it...
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: