Pages: Prev 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2009.01 - More Stuff For Teens  (Read 272705 times)
yuichen
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2009, 05:28:15 PM »

I'm working on something right now that I hope will turn out well enough to share. It's been giving me some problems and a couple times I wanted to scrap it, but I'm going to keep trying anyway.
macthekat
Grimly Fiendish
Gutter Punk

« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2009, 05:51:09 PM »

I have an idea as well that I really want to share, but right now I am suppose to work on my (stupid, freaking, boring) paper, so I has to wait till I have finished that. I will say as much as True Blood is the inspiration

twisted FATE
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2009, 07:14:41 PM »

Liegen, conversions are my weakness. Drool I'm particularly smitten with the zombie tank tops, I love the neckline.
Camy, I've actually never had a fantasyish sim in my game, but I think I'm gonna have to make an exception for these siblings. They look so dynamic and fun, and they have the best facial expressions evar.
Holy shit, Azaya. Neon sweater dresses. With boots. Definitely snagging, they look great!
Coldfire, those tees are freakin' amazing! Cheesy I love the old-school ones. Huzzah for the Ramones.

I can't wait to see the rest of your projects, guys! I'm sure they're all gonna come out great. I've just finished a mesh for the teen girls with some recolors, and they look fine in Bodyshop...I'm booting up the game right now, so hopefully they'll be more successful than the other three meshes that I'm still trying to make work.  Angry
Camy
Undead

« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2009, 11:54:06 PM »

Camy, I've actually never had a fantasyish sim in my game, but I think I'm gonna have to make an exception for these siblings. They look so dynamic and fun, and they have the best facial expressions evar.

Glad you're gonna get 'em :3  As for their expressions, I love it~

I can't wait to see what you'll add Tongue
sarinn
Perma-Kindergoth
Kindergoth

« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2009, 04:49:13 AM »

Teens = Slumber parties = Scary urban legend ghost stories. It was with this in mind that I stumbled upon the story of Hanako, an urban legend in Japan.

Like all urban legends, there's variations to the tale, but some things are consistent. Hanako is the ghost of a girl who haunts the girl's bathrooms in schools. It's said she committed suicide after being the victim of bullying, and in some tales there are times when people can hear her crying when they pass by. If you go into the bathroom she haunts and call her name, she'll respond with a "Yes?". If you ask her to come and play Bad Things happen.

So, I give to GoS's January Project my rendition of Hanako.

May she scare the crap out of all your young sims. 

As a side note: This is my first sim-related upload ever. So if I missed something, let me know. I'm gonna go panic now.  Run Away!

It's better to light a candle than curse the darkness. Sometimes it's more fun to use a flamethrower.
- Terry Pratchett

Sarinn's LJ
Julieth
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2009, 06:32:02 AM »

OK so...these are Aikea Guinea's shirt textures pasted onto Gothplague's teen androgeny mesh, then colorized by me. You get the four colors shown above plus black, which I was unable to photograph due to my game being shitty. All four styles of shirt (longsleeve, 3/4 length, tshirt, and wifebeater) are included, plus Gothplague's mesh because it's not on the new Insim yet.
Sorry about the shitty preview pic, like I said my game is being capricious. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD
Astonished Lemons
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2009, 07:06:45 AM »

Those both look cool. (Hanako's story reminds me of Moaning Myrtle from the Harry Potter books! And you can never have to many androgeny things. )

Alright, my first really-real, on purpose upload.

Its a steampunk dress for teens using a Parsimonious mesh (included). Took me forever and a day, so theres only one color. Textures are originally from the "Age of Steam" project and random pictures on the internet that have been ravaged and brutalised by me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?twiz5jbm5yz
Let me know if anything is amiss.   Embarrassed
twisted FATE
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2009, 07:19:34 AM »

Om nom nom nom, shirts for the androgyny mesh! Drool  I absolutely love 'em Julieth! Especially those tank-tops. Awesomesauce. Cheesy
And Sarinn, Haneko looks delightfully creepy. That last picture scares the fuck out of me. xD Ahaha, I thought of Moaning Myrtle too.
Speaking of which, Lemons -- that dress is freakin' fantastic! For some reason, I really like the tunic-style you have going on there.

And here's my meager contribution! My first mesh that hasn't had any killer UV-mapping problems, bleeding through various parts of the body during animation (asdjlafaslfjLfdsfsFUCK), and other weirdness in-game. I think. It's entirely possible that I've made a glaring mistake due to lack of sleep these past few days, so kindly beat me over the head with a shovel if you notice anything odd about it. *coughs* Anyways, the mesh is pretty much an oversized, androgynous, top-only baggy t-shirt for the teen girls that's based off of Gothplague's and Tenshii's tomboy and male shirts (kudos to both of them for having awesome policies!). Which has resulted in seven '90s-inspired shirts for the nostalgia factor. Yup. Just click on the picture to download, if ye be so inclined. Enjoy! ^_^ And again, if I've fucked up with the mesh somehow, just let me know.

Camy
Undead

« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2009, 07:37:12 AM »

sarinn: I shall play with her, despite her biting.  Let's see how she goes with my nasty twins XP

Julieth: I loveth you~  No rly, I do.

Astonished Lemons: YES!  Steampunk clothing for teens!  Wooot~

twisted FATE
: -dies laughing-  (In a good way)
Jessy
drown me in sorrow
Macabre Miscreant

hollow as the promises of yesterday

« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2009, 07:43:00 AM »

twistedFATE: Those shirts are hilarious!! I love them. Cheesy

Sarinn: Wow, she is awesome! I love the last picture, for some reason. I can't wait to see who she'll stalk in my game. Wink

Julieth: I love those shirts! So simple and cute and awesome.

tumblr livejournal dreamwidth

*a lot of my dropbox links aren't working, i will slowly work on fixing them but if you have a certain thing you want, please pm me*
basically on a hiatus at this point, but you can always message me for anything
ColdFire278
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2009, 08:00:16 AM »

Lol, Sweet Lady Propane. That boy ain't right. Grin
I love the look of that mesh, twisted, thanks a lot. :]
I like Hanako and her story, sarinn, that's a cool way to think about the teen theme.
I'm positively addicted to those aikea shirts, Julieth, and now maybe I'll finally download the androgyny mesh, haha.
Steampunk is always welcome, Astonished Lemons, I like that dress a lot. The shoes are awesome.

Thanks for the comments on my shirts, guys, I'm glad you like them. :]
Buckle
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2009, 10:52:57 AM »

Ahh, I'll have a go. Even if I am a bit clueless about making things Smiley

pull me back to earth
DW
macthekat
Grimly Fiendish
Gutter Punk

« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2009, 12:11:08 PM »

Julieth really cool tops, sadly the filelink will not let me download

sarinn
Perma-Kindergoth
Kindergoth

« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2009, 01:10:41 PM »

Hanako's story reminds me of Moaning Myrtle from the Harry Potter books!

That was exactly what crossed my mind, too! I mean, really, the only difference between Hanako and Myrtle is Hanako committed suicide and Myrtle... Wasn't she killed by a basilisk in the girl's bathroom? Since I read about this I've been wondering if J.K. Rowling drew influence from this urban legend.

Julieth: You know, I never bothered with the androgeny stuff, but I think you just changed my mind  Big Grin
Astonished Lemons: More steampunk! Cheer
Twisted Fate: Is that a Royale with cheese I see? I swear I remember that shirt. And the Uno one.

Edit:
Macthekat: Julieth's link worked fine for me. Are you sure it's not a browser setting causing blockage? If so, can you expand on "won't let me download"?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 01:27:43 PM by sarinn » Logged

It's better to light a candle than curse the darkness. Sometimes it's more fun to use a flamethrower.
- Terry Pratchett

Sarinn's LJ
Smeag
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2009, 04:49:22 PM »

I can't download the steampunk one Strange.
Pages: Prev 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: