Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: pastorale [sheep & caskets]  (Read 18017 times)
nixy
« on: January 31, 2009, 01:37:59 AM »

A bucolic country scene, a gently rolling landscape, and spring lambs gamboling amongst the coffins.

As part of my Halloween Extravaganza that didn't actually take place, I made a set of 10 decorative coffins in various positions and decided to link them all using the repository method. These, along with the Dia de los Muertos stuff that I did post, were my first attempts at Master/Slaving objects. Secondary to my incredibly literal reading of the directions for doing this, I didn't get the files to work in time for Halloween. I posted the DDLM files, even though the actual day was past, because I felt those objects had a more year-round appeal, and I had a vague idea I would hold onto these until next Halloween.

On a search for an elusive borky file, I happened to notice that these sheep were next to the coffins in my catalog. The juxtaposition amused me - albeit in more of a smirky way than actual LOL - so I took screenshots. And then I thought, what the hell, post the silly pictures and the silly boxes and make something different and much cooler for Halloween.

10 coffins, master/slaved to coffin #1. Flat on the ground and on-end, with and without lids, lids up or down, etc. They're very close to the Maxis coffin in appearance, but they're actually an entirely scratch-built mesh (the first one I made!). They're about the same size as the Maxis coffin bed, but much lower poly. They can be placed on surfaces as well as the floor, and each is a 1-tile object for maximal placement options. Since my game does not ever work, I can't show you that a Sim will fit inside - in fact, I've never been able to test this, but they should fit. If someone tests these in game and finds out I'm wrong, please let me know.

Two colors: traditional vampire black & red [mesh] and an old, grey wood. Unfortunately, the master mesh is the closed coffin, making it difficult for recolorers to see what their interior texture looks like in SimPE. I test textures in LithUnwrap and Milkshape, both of which allow a person a lot more options for viewing  the object than does SimPE, so I didn't realize that this was a possible issue until I'd completed all the meshes.

The sheep are from Blacky's Sims 2 Zoo. The little one lying down in the corner is just sleeping, I'm sure.

TOU is the same as always: No paysites, no TSR, no putting restrictions on who can access my meshes. Okay to include in lots or with your recolors. Do whatever you want, including repurposing mesh and/or textures, but please give me credit if you do so.

* nixysheepcaskets.png (12.69 KB, 100x62 - viewed 28885 times.)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 11:10:40 AM by shastakiss » Logged
Bosie
Elitist Motherfucker
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

Bitch, please.

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 01:42:35 AM »

What is there not to love about this set? Incredible stuff, seriously  Drool Drool! Thank you, Nixy.
Mordacious
Macabre Miscreant

Call me Haley.

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 01:43:06 AM »

Fricking incredible Nixy!
I love it! ♥
nixy
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 01:54:38 AM »

Thanks so much! I'm just pleased that people want them! Of course, if I was ever actually able to play, I'd have vampires and would probably use these all over the place, but so far I've just had them sitting there in my folder...and they've mostly been there so I can look at them and think, "At least those files don't crash my game."
Yoyo Illuser
*Hair Whore*
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 02:28:11 AM »

What amazing coffincs Nixy...Even better the Maxis ones! Just perfect for a Vampire themed house....Thank you for creating them and not waiting all the way until next Halloween to share^^

((I really love those sheep as well, so adorable! Sadly even though I'm logged in to Blacky's Sims, I can't seem to download them...Darn...They're so cute....))
vazira
Gutter Punk

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 02:42:40 AM »

Those are great! And I really like the pictures.
LadyDea
Kindergoth

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 03:03:14 AM »

These are simply perfect! I know I'll have much use for these in my vampires' homes. Thank you.
Azaya
Doomful frog
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

on hiatus; please pm on tumblr or DW.

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 03:08:03 AM »

The juxtaposition of the sheep and coffins is morbidly hilarious. And the coffins, of course, are lovely. Drool

Ameranthe
Formerly known as Liegenschonheit
Queen of the Zombies
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 03:09:51 AM »

I laughed so hard when I saw your pictures of cute little sheep in a lush green field with coffins. It's surreal and silly, but I love it.

It makes me want to buy up a chunk of land next to a busy highway and set it up for real.
didadragonfly
Gloom Cookie

malum mortuus

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 03:14:28 AM »

Nixy, these are FANTABULOUS, and I must say how nice it is to find someone that has an equally weird sense of humor.   THANK YOU!!!  Are ya sure about that little one layin on his side like that...??  Tongue

~DidaDragonfly~

Memories and possibilities are ever more hideous than realities
ergo
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

Cynicocratical

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 03:33:38 AM »

<3

demonskittlez
Grimly Fiendish
Undead

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2009, 04:07:00 AM »

Did anyone else think of the stupid vampire joke along the lines of they don't eat sheep because that'd be baaad? (Feel free to eye roll at that. Tongue haha)

I love them!

Shameless Whorage
I want a lawyer, I want a doctor, I want a cheese sandwich!
Viviane
Undead Extraordinaire
Macabre Miscreant

Coming back to life, from Zombie World

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 04:10:23 AM »

Nixy, have I told you I love you? That mesh is great and those pics are so full of awesome. I really Lol'ed.^^ Thank you!

nixy
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2009, 04:13:36 AM »

Thanks, everyone. Cheesy

It makes me want to buy up a chunk of land next to a busy highway and set it up for real.

That would be so much fun - to have some chunk of land to put up bizarre dioramas. It makes me think of this sort of grudge version of that scenario that actually exists here in Nashville. Some old guy owns a piece of land that's right by one of the major freeways and IIRC, the Dept of Transportation wouldn't pay him what he wanted for the land, but becuase it's *right on the freeway* he can't do anything with it...except put up a tacky monument to Nathan Bedford Forrest, whom Civil War buffs know as one of the founders of the Ku Klux Klan. The statue is universally know as the Hamburglar because that's what he looks like, except he's made out of faux-bronze fiberglass and rides a rearing horse.

ETA: Hey, look! I hit 400 posts! Considering I haven't ever had a post count beyond double digits anywhere prior to this, it feels like an Occasion.
twisted FATE
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2009, 04:31:59 AM »

Sheep! And coffins! 

Can't talk. Too busy spazzing over here. Nixy, you floor me with your meshing skillz!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: