Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Eureka! -- A New Formal Mesh for the Androgyny Bodyshape  (Read 24290 times)
twisted FATE
« on: February 01, 2009, 04:24:54 AM »

Hot damn, you have no idea how happy I am to be uploading this. I started this project ages ago but never managed to complete it due to lack of skillz and an inherent inability to make it work the way I wanted it to without bleeding or gapping or exploding or generally being a pain in the derriere. Fast-forward four weeks, and I'm finally done. After extensive testing, I don't think there's any glaring mistakes lingering, but by all means, beat me over the head with a shovel if there is, and I'll do my best to fix it.  Big Grin

Oh, but first, credits!
--To  Gothplague, for her completely and utterly amazing bodyshape, which has made my game ten times more amazing, and her awesome policy.
--To the powers that be for letting me go ahead and upload this, despite GP's hiatus.
--To Aikea for allowing me to slaughter her meshes and shamelessly use and abuse her textures.
--And to LibraryGuy, for all of his testing and for keeping me motivated to finish this through!  Cheesy

Aight, well. This is appropriately entitled "Eureka!" due to the sudden flash of inspiration that caused me to redo the whole thing -- correctly this time.  Cheer

So this would be a new mesh created for Gothplague's Androgyny bodyshape (unfortunately, she pulled them during the Great Insim Meltdown, but you can get her original meshes here thanks to the awesomeness of LibraryGuy!  Cheesy) that's a little dressier. Actually, my original motive for making these was that I wore this same exact outfit out at Christmastime and loved it so much that I wanted to see if I could replicate it. And I succeeded! Here we have a white button-down complete with a black vest, pinstriped trousers, and boots. The textures are nearly entirely Aikea's, although I did mess with the back of the boots to get them to resemble mine a bit more. I only made one additional recolor with jeans because I was so burnt out from all the fiddling it took to get the mesh done properly. But hey -- it's yours to do whatever the hell you like. And maybe I'll make some more recolors later...hmm. But pictures speak louder than words, and I'm sure you're sick of this pointless rambilng Sorry!

Still with me? Sweet.
Download

Thanks for bearing with me, and enjoy!  ^_^

* 15.png (46.04 KB, 150x150 - viewed 45523 times.)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 05:40:28 PM by Lotus » Logged
lullabee
Gloom Cookie

It's not lag, it's bullet time.

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 06:02:00 AM »

:'( I really wish the Androgyny bodyshape was uploaded somewhere! These are very nice.
LibraryGuy
Please sir, may I have another
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 07:44:28 AM »

lullabee, I predict that your wish will be granted very soon.   Wink Stay tuned to this station for further updates.
Meantime, I want to publicly congratulate you, tF. This is an awesome outfit (I fell completely in love with it the moment I opened it), and I can't wait to download the jeans version.  I know how hard you worked on this puppy, and you did a wonderful job.  Cheer You're great fun to work for. I can't wait to see what you come up with next!  I'd write more, but I have to download these and start dressing some sims up!

Update: lullabee: Your wish has been granted: http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=9868.0
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 12:22:53 AM by LibraryGuy » Logged

I think you'll like my webcomic: Groovy, Kinda, at www.groovykinda.org
OctopusKing
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 07:04:31 PM »

*spasms*

Holy Jeebus... This is awesome!  Thank you soooo much!

I wish I had my game back *cries*

Magnus
Wild Card
Gloom Cookie

*has a lovely bunch of coconuts*

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 08:54:47 PM »

Yay, more clothes for my favorite body shape!  It's a lovely outfit, I can't wait to go use it in my game!  *skips off to do so*

Visit my LJ to see some of my Sims CC.
sunshine_soda
Gutter Punk

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 12:06:49 AM »

I have a real life friend that wears an outfit just like this all the time. I can't wait to put her sim in it... lol. Thanks!

I'll show you my pride, If you show me yours?
blackcat
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 01:36:09 AM »

I love these outfits! Nice work! Thank you!
darkartist
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 04:09:01 AM »

Oh wow.  *jaw drops*  These are awesome.  Thanks for sharing.
Camy
Undead

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 05:52:15 AM »

Yes, yes, yes!  Thank you~~~
Astonished Lemons
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 07:21:15 AM »

SWEET! Im so glad you got it all working.

Great job!
nixy
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 07:31:36 AM »

Yay! This is so cool. I love this bodyshape, too. 
Julieth
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 10:20:10 AM »

Guh. These are fantastic. I love you.
Cynnix
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 03:44:11 PM »

I love this bodyshape but I missed out on GP's original meshes. I was waiting to download when I got my new computer, downloading this now. Beautifully done!
diem
Kindergoth

knitting. playing. loving. divining.

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 04:47:49 PM »

Excellent!  I've been searching for this for a long time! 

d

"Es gibt keinen Weg zum Glueck - gluecklich Sein ist der Weg."
CrabOfDoom
Be Havin' a Might Too Many Peg Legs, Matey
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

ho`ohanohano: surfer roth

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 10:23:00 PM »

Man oh man, those look fantastic! They have waists! Love 'em both - thank you!

Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: